No announcement yet.

CP650 Dolby Digital Not Working Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for WinDRAS, should be available on the warehouse (can’t check right now, will do later)

Edit: should be this one http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/w...337&category=2
    Last edited by Marco Giustini; 02-07-2022, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Final update! We were able to acquire a replacement Cat773Z card. I popped it in and sure enough Dolby Digital is working again! Thank you Marco for the software links and advice, after much fiddling with a Windows 2000 Virtual Machine and USB to Serial cable, I was able to get the WinDRAS software working! Unsure as to what caused the failure of our Cat773, but at least we have isolated and solved the issue. Here is a link to the demo of the Dolby Digital with an error rate of 5 .

Comment

See that "Vertical Jitter" number?

Is there any way you can apply just a tiny bit of back tension on the film, upstream of the scanning point?
        As I said above, I mounted my film cleaner upstream of the penthouse reader to get some back tension.

In so doing, my Vertical Jitter number dropped and I was able to cut my error count in half.

Everything else on your DRAS readout looks decent. Once you get your hands on a scope and give it a proper tuneup, I feel certain that you'll be able to dial your system in, pretty well.

Comment

Glad you made it! That version of WinDRAS should work fine with Windows 7 - and I would imagine it may work on Windows 10 but who knows.

If that's a Kinoton basement reader, yes, it should read better than that. I suppose you may need to replace the o-rings and lubricate the shaft with the spcial very viscous oil

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Giustini View Post
            If that's a Kinoton basement reader, yes, it should read better than that.
            I've never used a Kinoton basement reader but I have used other kinds.

I'd have to study up on Kinoton but Marco's suggestion sounds about right.

Yeah! If you get that baby dialed in, I bet you'll be reading zeros and ones!

Comment

Marco is likely correct that the O-rings probably need replacing after 20 years, could also be the impedance drum bearing starting to go...

Comment

Working...
              X