Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Gotti Family Reality Series on A & E

Author Topic: Gotti Family Reality Series on A & E
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2004 06:26 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I am fed up with being bombarded with all of these [bs] [puke] "reality tv" series!

Now, the Arts and Entertainment Cable Network is stooping to an all time low!

A new "reality" series is set to air glorifying the famuily of that [bs] [fu] [puke] [thumbsdown] John Gotti...who was nothing more than a murdering thug that was an embarrassment to the Italian-American community!

I can only hope that the families of Gotti's victim's...some of who were in no way related to "organized crime" can maybe get their hands on some of $$ this shit "family" is about to make!

The impression one gets when watching the previews to this [bs] is that this family is nothing but low-life scum...just like their deceased father!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-30-2004 06:49 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't suppose it ever occured to you to exercise your freedom of choice. Change the channel!

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-30-2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I like to watch channels like TV land. I can catch up on all the old shows I missed when the president was on all the channels. (No cable when I was growing up) [Smile]

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya Brad

I do excersise my freedom of choice by not watching that crap!

However, it is disgusting that this [bs] [puke] [fu] "family" should be glorified, or that they should be allowed to make money off of their crimes, basically drugs, murder, racketeering, etc!

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 01:37 AM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Americans are fascinated with organized crime. And why not with movies like The Godfather and Goodfellas? We movie folks helped glorify their crimes first. Most Americans don't see this as real, it happened somewhere else. Besides, nobody really thinks "Reality TV" is reality.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-01-2004 05:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I think the ASPCA folks on those shows on Animal Planet are great... They rescue, treat and put up for adoption many neglected animals and then put the low life scumbag folks behind bars for neglecting/abusing them. These reality shows are great because its real life stuff, not those make believe reality shows where you eat a pound of maggots or make like your a chimp or something..... those are a joke. I would rate TV land a close second to the ASPCA people though, I grew watching many of those great shows.

Mark

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 07:08 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sick of people like Paris Hilton, Trump and the GOttis getting glorified. I have no problem with reality shows. At least reality shows dont get much syndication . It's just that a lot of people seem to identify with these morons instead of laughing at them. Jessica Simpson actually has fans instead of most people watching it out of morbid fascination. Same with Paris. Trump is being idolized by a new generation after being a joke in the 80s.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: