Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » my movie is (no longer) coming out in 1/04 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: my movie is (no longer) coming out in 1/04
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2003 04:02 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and it's bad. I mean it's BAD (not in the good senese of the word).

It's coming out on VCD January 20th, it'll be available on the movie's website http://fortefilms.era5000.com/loseitallmovie

I'm not expecting it to do very well.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-06-2003 04:16 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we here at Film-Tech are pretty confident it will suck. Oh well. [Wink]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-06-2003 05:39 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it has one big strike against it no 65mm neg for the original with 70mm prints for release [Big Grin]

David Whitbeck
Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2003 05:35 AM      Profile for David Whitbeck   Email David Whitbeck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet if the website were better the movie would be better... But hey, I'll check it out if I can so at least you have 1 audience member at this point.

Steven Privett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2003 11:28 AM      Profile for Steven Privett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it is a fine piece of filmwork. You got out there and did it, that is what counts.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 11-08-2003 07:32 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree. That isn't what counts.

Don't release a product if you don't stand behind it.

Now that we've all been warned to stay away, what was the point of announcing this release?

Or...were we supposed to acquire it to support "a fellow Techer" and then keep our negative comments to ourselves because, after all, we were warned..?

Don't hold back. I'm really interested.

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2003 06:48 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided (actually just minutes ago) that I'm not going to release the movie by itself, but I'm going to put it as a hidden feature on a future DVD.

On to the next movie...

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-09-2003 07:32 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't release a product if you don't stand behind it.
While that is a lofty goal and I agree in principle with Manny, many times that is not realistic.

Due to contractual/production issues, I had to release stuff that I was ashamed to put my name to. But, I also did some award-winning stuff that I was proud of and/or happy to be in the credits.

The main thing is hopefully you have learned from this film as to what works and what doesn't. Good luck on future productions. [beer]

>>> Phil

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-09-2003 07:36 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As often happens in this industry, when one movie falls out, another promptly steps up to fill it's place. Just in time for the holidays, Olpin Pictures presents the next attempt at ripping off Dr Seuss - Green Eggs and Ham (Movie itself may take a few minutes to load - I'll fix this at some point)

Requires QuickTime
10.6 MB
Admission is Free
SVCD or VHS - $5 each (j/k [evil] )

--Features really awful impersonation of Eminem--

Enjoy! [beer]

[ 11-09-2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Mike Olpin ]

Manny Knowles

- posted 11-09-2003 08:00 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike - Please at least note the correct spelling of the man you are ripping off.

Seuss.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-09-2003 08:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny, that may be correct... "Seuss Sues Olpin".

>>> Phil

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 11-09-2003 10:07 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fixed.

I think moxy fruvous would sue first.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2003 11:07 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

GREAT music video! Keep up the good work. [beer]

Manny Knowles

- posted 11-10-2003 07:03 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Mike. Very cute video. Is that you "singing" with the kid?

Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2003 09:54 AM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, it was a classic!

can you give me a link that I can download it from? I have a few people that I work with who dont have decent internet connections, who I feel would love to see it! [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: