Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 35 and 65 MM 3D camera systems

Author Topic: 35 and 65 MM 3D camera systems
George Rigney
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2019 06:36 PM      Profile for George Rigney   Email George Rigney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am helping Victoria Silliphant whos father, Chris Condon, created StereoVision, a company that made 3-D lenses and made a few 3-D films.

We have two Russian KINAR 65mm camera, and one side-by-side anamorphic 3-D lens. Each camera has a large PL style mount.

We also have two ECLAIR Camerette Super 35mm cameras, and four above / below 3-D lenses.

We are working on getting all ready for new projects.

Anyone interested please message me here, George
Victoria is on Linkedin

|  IP: Logged

Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2019 08:26 PM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks George StereoVision® was a great company and had nice 3D off the screen effects. So much better then the bad computer 2D to 3D that is mostly out now. Keep us informed on any new projects.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-29-2019 07:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I built up two special 6 perf pull down projectors back in the 1990's for Chris for a new 3 perf over/under 3-D system he was working on. He paid me for them and also sent me an Eclair CM-35 camera as a gift. He was a super nice guy to work with on the project.

I am pretty sure that Technicolor bought his projection lens designs, probably from his daughter, and had Schneider modify it for their 3-D system.

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-30-2019 06:02 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That lens was an ISCO lens (Schneider had acquired them by then). ISCO had 3D lenses in their catalog before the Technicolor thing happened so it was a matter of going with a design you already had rather than banging out from scratch.

They DID have to design the Technicolor lens but it wasn't like they had to start from square 1.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-30-2019 07:20 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The differences were inter-ocular spacing was slightly wider and they had circular polarizes. Stereo vision was always linear. The Schneider lenses won't work properly on Stereovision prints.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: