Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Open a locked door with 35mm film

Author Topic: Open a locked door with 35mm film
Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 10-23-2019 02:51 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will not work with all types of locks, but if you have a bunch of 35mm film lying around and know nothing better to do with it, you can see here how to open a locked door with it...

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-24-2019 12:53 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! I saw that last night.

I thought it was cool. [Cool]

It's interesting to note that the film they used was a trailer from "Mission Impossible.: [Wink]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2019 11:32 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deviant Ollam a well known "red teamer" who has a company that consults on security for major installations and businesses has demonstrated this before. It is a really neat use of 35mm film!

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-24-2019 01:07 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That trick would likely only work with polyester film - acetate might be too thick to push through the top of the door, and/or break during the upwards pull after it had been hooked around the handle.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: