Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » News clip about me and my theatre (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: News clip about me and my theatre
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 04-29-2019 10:23 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The tv news guy was here a week or so ago; this was posted today:

CTV News

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-29-2019 10:52 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! It's always good to see any theater (or the exhibition industry in general) get a positive recognition in the media.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-30-2019 10:30 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very nice

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-30-2019 11:04 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see a small business still going strong despite all the odds stacked against it. I guess you managed to build a strong customer base among your locals through the years.

I still hope those studios will become more flexible and allow you to show more movies on opening night. You probably have the advantage that people need to drive quite a distance to go see a movie on opening night at a competing theater, but there are plenty of other smaller operations that aren't that lucky and could have a thriving business otherwise.

Like I mentioned in another topic, I see that the general quality of presentations is really taking a dump lately, it's exactly here were the smaller operations can make a difference. Everything feels better if it's done with some genuine passion.

PS: Maybe you should tell those "CTV guys" their audio is broken, it's only playing on the right channel, at least that is what it does here. [Wink]

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2019 11:06 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Frank! [thumbsup]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2019 04:21 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great piece!

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2019 05:45 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Frank. I always pull for the last few remaining single-screen operators, keeping the great old days alive.

Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2019 10:23 PM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Frank now you are a TV star!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-01-2019 07:06 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice news item! It's always good to see independent exhibitors featured in pieces like this.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 05-01-2019 09:33 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely, and it was also good that they included Frank's explanation of the booking issues and restrictions around playing big movies on the break, which most of the public are completely unaware of.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 11:28 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice piece, Frank. It sure is terrific when the community appreciates a small business -- you know, that piece of Americana that once was the backbone of our culture -- and supports it at least enough to keep it afloat. Congrats, Frank. After reading your posts all these years, it is quite apparent that you get great satisfaction from your theatre. While it might you rich, being able to do what you love can be just as rewarding. Most people don't have jobs that have that component.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2019 12:16 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree! Nice video! And, it's nice to see a JSD-100 at the top of the rack!

Harold

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 12:58 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

The number of people who have seen and commented on that video is nothing short of amazing. I think everyone in town has seen it by now, and my mother (who lives in a town about about 7 hours away from here) told me that her neighbour told her that he had seen Frank Cox on television and isn't that her son?

I've had three people (that I know of) come to the show who said that they're here because they saw it on tv and wanted to see the theatre in person, and one guy who just signed up for my email mailing list sent me an email saying that he's looking forward to driving from Regina to Melville to come to a movie at my theatre.

And everywhere I go around town people are constantly telling me how they think it's great that I was on tv and that they really appreciate having a theatre in Melville.

So it's certainly got a lot of attention, far more than I thought something like that would. I gather that the television network was using that as a space filler on every newscast across the whole province for about two straight days.

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2019 05:05 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Frank, I enjoyed watching this. Keep up the good work.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 06:14 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They still didn't fix their stereo on that video. Aren't they looking for a halfway competent broadcast engineer? [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: