Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » dolby

Author Topic: dolby
Kannan Prabhu G
Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2019 03:07 AM      Profile for Kannan Prabhu G   Author's Homepage   Email Kannan Prabhu G   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

sir i cont register www.dolby.com any one help

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-26-2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not the Dolby support site. So, first in line should be the Dolby support themselves. They provide an e-mail address for specific registration problems: customersupport [at] dolby [dot] com, which is listed publicly on their site.

But if you want people to help you, please be a bit more descriptive.

What login do you want to request? A dolbycustomer.com login?

In order to register on that site, you need to valid contractual relationship with Dolby. The site asks for your kind of relation, like "Dolby Cinema Products Customer".

I'm not registering there everyday, but those registrations were manually validated in the past, so most likely they're still manually validated. Registration can take a couple of days to complete.

Please make sure you're using a proper company e-mail address and not something @hotmail.com, @live.com, @gmail.com, etc.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 02-26-2019 11:10 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marcel Birgelen
Please make sure you're using a proper company e-mail address and not something @hotmail.com, @live.com, @gmail.com, etc.
Unless something at Dolby has radically changed in the last several years, they do not care about the service provider for your email.

Only that the first part is not something like iluvfilm or mylittleponie @whatever.

I do believe that they will verify that you are a business or contractual end user somehow though.

My former company was always at a hotmail service, and I think (I have long forgotten the password) it is still a valid registration with Dolby.

Not all companies or cinemas can afford to get an exclusive domain name (or in the case of some, don't think that it is possible.) Note: I haven't tried in years to look into a custom domain name in a long time, so it is possible it is now a free service.)

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 02-26-2019 11:28 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dolby site
Note: Only company email addresses will be accepted. We cannot accept email addresses from free email providers such as hotmail.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.
Can be found here, after you select "Dolby Cinema Products Customer".

Off course, I'm not able to check if they actually enforce this policy.

And companies using @hotmail.com as corporate e-mail address... well... it's all about the image and professionalism you want to proliferate.

And a company that cannot afford the 50 to 100 or so bucks annually it costs to get a .com + hosting from a halfway decent hosting provider? Maybe it should consider not to do anything with cinema at all...

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2019 11:38 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A wide variety of domain name registrations are now available from Google. .com is $12 per year. See https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6010092

Harold

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: