Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Private messages

Author Topic: Private messages
Richard B. Perrine
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2018 06:41 PM      Profile for Richard B. Perrine   Email Richard B. Perrine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of the few times that I've seen someone post that they are looking for parts in the equipment section of Film-tech....they most times don't post contact information....so I've set a couple of PM's when I have something that they want.
No one ever opens their PMs...
Do they get a message at their email that someone has replied.
Seems like a PM is dead end.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-26-2018 07:55 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is sketchy at best. I know I don't check it very often. I often see oddities in the For Sale section but no way to really respond to the post.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 11-26-2018 08:08 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To my knowledge there's no notification of PM's other than just going in to your profile and checking periodically.

I recently thought to do that and discovered someone had sent me one months ago.

Peter Foyster
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2018 08:43 AM      Profile for Peter Foyster   Email Peter Foyster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that might explain why I am still waiting for a reply to a private message I sent about six months ago regarding a circuit board for a projector.
I just assumed that I was being ignored. Perhaps that is not the case.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 11-26-2018 08:51 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a setting at the bottom of your "My Profile" to allow notifications be sent to you when you receive a PM. Just update your profile. It doesn't help when the person on the other side doesn't have it turned on, but at least you won't have unread messages sitting in your box.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-26-2018 06:27 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get an email notification if someone PMs me from the forum.

I noticed however that some people may have stored outdated email addresses in their profile, so these notifications never reach them. Also, that notification includes the message, so, people having read that mail may never read itt again on the forum, so, it is never marked as read.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: