Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Anyone coming to Cinemacon next week? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anyone coming to Cinemacon next week?
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-21-2018 11:19 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If so, please come and say hello at the MiT booth - 2419A.

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2018 11:25 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will come by and say hi.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-22-2018 08:36 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I arrive tonight (Sunday)

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 04-22-2018 09:39 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my way. One Hour and a few minutes. This is my 38th year in a row. Tempting fate to announce my plans in advance but only by a couple of hours.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-22-2018 12:58 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arriving tomorrow morning. Leaving in the middle of the night to avoid the traffic through the High Desert. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-22-2018 12:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
We are in the lower "Forum" ballroom (with the all-important Coke booth) #1019F Come and say hi.

Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2018 02:28 PM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there sometime Wednesday. I have to replace some parts at our drive-in that morning.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2018 10:44 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my way....

Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2018 04:10 AM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming all goes to plan, I'll be crusing the tradeshow floor this afternoon and most of the day tomorrow. Hoping to see a few familiar faces.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-24-2018 09:29 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Leo Enticknap
Leaving in the middle of the night to avoid the traffic through the High Desert. Looking forward to meeting you all.

LOL! good luck with that! I've driven from Vegas to L.A. at 2 am saying to myself what you just posted only to find the traffic was practically bumper to bumper....

Mark

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2018 05:53 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could have gone. Im too broke to pay attention.....wait what was I talking about?

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-25-2018 08:36 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
I've driven from Vegas to L.A. at 2 am saying to myself what you just posted only to find the traffic was practically bumper to bumper....
If you'd left an hour earlier, you'd likely have had a clear run.

I live in Loma Linda, which is 18 miles east of where you would transition from the 15 to the 10, driving from Vegas to LA. I've found through trial and second-gear crawling error that in order to avoid hellish traffic driving to a service call in LA or Hollywood, I have to be on the road by 4am. Any later than that, and the stretch between the 57 and the 605 will be a crawl.

If you're starting from Vegas at 2am, you'll arrive at that stretch at around 5.30, when the morning rush hour will already be ramping up. An hour earlier, you'd sail through it without any sign of brake lights.

Back to topic, and it was great to meet all of you today and yesterday!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-25-2018 09:49 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One time we were at Disneyland on one of their 'late close' events. We got outa there at 3:00 AM and even then I couldn't believe the traffic on the freeways going back to my friend's house.

And yeah I've done that Vegas to L.A. drive during the evening. Pretty wild for this Montana kid!

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-25-2018 10:12 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Between the outskirts of Vegas and the outskirts of the seriously built-up part of the High Desert (around 15 miles east of Victorville) it's never that bad. Almost no-one lives or works along that stretch of the 15 (hence the movie Zyzzx Road), which puts a natural limit on the amount of traffic that passes along it. The bit of the 15 that parallels the Las Vegas Strip at one end, the Cajon Pass, and the 10 west of the 57 at the other, are the crunch points.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-26-2018 07:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say that was my experience driving to L.A. from Vegas the several times I did... Xyzzx road is actually pretty famous... as it goes to a number of abandned mines from yesteryear. There is also the remains of a health spa there...

https://www.wimp.com/they-call-this-abandoned-town-the-weirdest-in-america-the-history-of-it-is-even-more-bizarre/

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: