Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Is there some reason why teenage girls have to scream constantly?

Author Topic: Is there some reason why teenage girls have to scream constantly?
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-06-2017 11:36 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A group of them got on my bus earlier this afternoon and I'm still suffering from the noise now. It's so loud it's really painful.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-06-2017 01:44 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count your blessings, at least they weren't singing along with rap lyrics. That's downright maddening.

I also wonder why they all have to gape their mouths open (sometimes with their tongue hanging out) when they take "having fun" photos with friends.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 04-06-2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ghost of Gene Simmons?

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 04-06-2017 03:31 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be happy you don't live in the American South. Adult women do it. Airports are painful when a bunch of them greet each other. I've only seen it happen in the South, I have no idea why.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 04-06-2017 11:49 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Orgasms. They happen randomly and without notice. Amazing, really.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-07-2017 09:40 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great deal of the problem is rooted in self-obsessed narcissism. They scream to draw attention to themselves and let everyone know they're having a better, happier time than you. Don't you wish you were having just as good a time as them? Don't you wish you were them?
[Roll Eyes]

Maybe I sound like a jerk for drawing this conclusion, but I have seen this very ego-driven motivation at work numerous times. One of the most aggravating examples I witnessed personally was when I watching The Ring at a theater in Oklahoma City. A group of teen age girls way up in the back rows were deliberately screaming in fake fright at every possible opportunity no matter slightly scary the scene might have been. They annoyed the hell out of everyone else in the theater. When management was called they refused to throw the little bitches out of the room, only telling them to tone it down a bit. The girls did no such thing. When the end credits rolled a lady down in one of the lower rows stood up and chewed out the girls. Everyone else applauded. The teen bitches had a walk of shame leaving the auditorium.

With self obsession gone out of control it's hard not to laugh when the news airs a story about some lady falling off the lower truss of a 600' tall bridge in California while taking a selfie.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 04-07-2017 10:11 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have occasionally had a little group of teenage girls who scream like that in a movie. But they've always settled down after I tell them to knock it off; I've never had to throw anyone out.

They sure do manage to get loud in the bathroom sometimes, though. I've even had to go there and remind them that other people are trying to watch the movie.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-14-2017 04:06 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're a female version of the human race.

Having a daughter and my friends with their daughters, it's just a girl thing.

Least they're happy. I wouldn't want a bunch of mopey women around being so pessimistic and the similar.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2017 04:28 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"

Answers it all.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2017 01:03 AM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monte pretty much nailed it but ya, extremely annoying. I hate it when a group of girls all scream sing along to a song at the same time. And ya when they rap or whatever I just wanna rip my ears off.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: