Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Go Cubs!

Author Topic: Go Cubs!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-02-2016 09:03 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 to 3 Cubs, bottom of the 5th - Game 7.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-02-2016 11:03 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6 all, 9th, rain delay. The Cubs managed to throw away a three-point lead in the space of around 15 minutes.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-03-2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you all know by now they pulled it off....

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 11:11 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Polarizing, political discussion. Not allowed here.

Off with your head! [Big Grin]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 01:00 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Erie is only about 100 miles away from Cleveland, many people around here consider the Indians to be the home team.

I walked into a bar last night during the tenth inning. I saw the score and said, "Hey! The Cubs are pulling ahead!"

I got a room full of cold stares...

[Wink]

David Buckley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2016 02:59 PM      Profile for David Buckley   Author's Homepage   Email David Buckley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The All Blacks are plying Ireland at Soldier Field, Chicago, on Saturday 5 November. I wonder if there will be anyone left sober in Chicago to appreciate it. The Cubs not winning the world series is the stuff of folklore and movie quotes, so this really is a new day.

Fun fact: the USA are the reigning rugby Olympic champions.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 06:31 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a Cubs fan, but I was rooting for them to win the Series. Game 7 was about as good as it gets if you love exciting and tense baseball. Loved seeing the pure joy on the faces of Cubs fans.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 08:02 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people in this neck of the woods root for the Pirates or the Indians. Since the pirates weren't in the running, a lot of people were cheering for Cleveland.

Even though I'm not a rabid sports fan, I sort of like Cleveland but I still had to cheer for the Cubs because they haven't won the Pennant in more than 100 years. Cleveland won in 1948.

You've got to give the Cubs a point for being the underdog. Right? [Wink]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-04-2016 09:19 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Buckley
Fun fact: the USA are the reigning rugby Olympic champions.
The USA's cricket team is not shabby, either. About 10 years ago I saw a one-day match between the USA and Yorkshire: it ended in a nail-biting draw, with the Americans withstanding some ferocious bowling in the last few overs.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: