Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Microsoft remote desktop client for IOS

Author Topic: Microsoft remote desktop client for IOS
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 09-30-2016 07:44 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have used this in the past, but probably not in the two years since I left the college where I used to work. The client software has been updated at least once since then. The hardware has not changed on either end.

Yesterday I tried to connect to a Windows XP laptop from an iPad mini 2, the same combination that I have used in the past. It would connect, and I could see the Windows screen on The iPad, but was not able to control it from the iPad touch screen. Re-starting both ends didn't work, neither did re-installing the client software on the iPad. Eventually, I tried installing the client software on an iPhone SE, and it worked fine; same versions of IOS and the client software on both. Has anybody else had similar problems? I could use the iPhone, but the display is rather small. I also have an Android tablet, but did not have it with me yesterday to test; I could take it in on Monday to try. It must be a client end problem since it works with the iPhone.

This is to give me control over the DMA8Plus from the auditorium to change inputs and to effectively mute the sound by selecting an unused input during the Skype interview that we have coming up soon. I also need control over the projector douser, but I can use the web interface for that.

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 10-03-2016 09:09 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't manage to resolve this, but it works with an Android tablet, Tesco Hudl, so I'll use that.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-05-2016 03:06 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a klunky way to do things. Doesn't it?

Using a tablet computer to control a laptop computer which, in turn, controls the remote equipment? I know that this is probably the only way to do it with existing hardware and software but it seems to me that there ought to be an app to connect directly from the tablet to the remote equipment.

Is the DMA8 still current or popular enough that it would be worthwhile for somebody to write such an app?

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2016 04:03 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is an android app for the Dolby CP750 on google play called CP750 controller, which I use to control the CP750 for volume checks and input changes, which works via my wifi router over ethernet on my phone. I wonder if that also works on a DMA8plus for inputs as they are pretty much the same as a 750?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: