Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Regal's reclining seats (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Regal's reclining seats
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-16-2016 05:45 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AS I had reported the other day in the 'Theatre Opening & Closing thread, Regal is opening it's new theatre, the Kapolei Commons 12 tomorrow with a soft opening and a grand opening on Thursday here in Honolulu. As part of it's special features such as Dolby Atmos in the large RPX auditorium, and speciaL food items at the concession, all twelve auditoriums will have reclining seats. I saw pictures and a U Tube video of the seats and they look very cool but seem to take up a lot of floor space. It looks like it will because the new Kapolei Commons theaters 12 has total seating for a little over 12000 people..

With these special seats in all of the twelve auditoriums, does it mean ticket prices will be more expensive at this new theatre?

Regal for the first time,here in Hawaii has indicated all seats will be reserved in all auditoriums at the Kapolei Commons and I consider this bad news because I hate reserved seats especially when you are told where to sit in a almost empty house. Consolidated did this to me once at their TitanXC house at the Ward when an usher sat me on the left side of the auditorium next to someone when there were lots of greats seats In the middle that were unoccupied..

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-17-2016 01:21 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They won't let you pick your own reserved seat?

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2016 01:53 AM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Claude S. Ayakawa
With these special seats in all of the twelve auditoriums, does it mean ticket prices will be more expensive at this new theatre?
It's Regal, so probably.

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2016 04:24 AM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In any situation where I have been asked to select a seat when I purchased my ticket, or to reserve a seat on-line, I don't think I have ever wound up actually sitting in it. I generally pick out something close to where I would normally sit, then just sit anywhere. I get the impression that nearly everybody else is doing the same, I have never once been challenged by anyone saying "you're sitting in my seat"

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2016 08:36 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
They won't let you pick your own reserved seat?
Yes, they do.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2016 12:00 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is reserved seating working out? A local theater just changed to reserved seating. It was really difficult to find the correct seat in a darkened auditorium. It also slowed down the ticket selling process as people tried to decide which seats to take. I am used to reserved seating for live performances. There, however, you have bought your tickets well in advance, so the ticket selling process is not slowed down. The ticket price varies by seat location. Also, the houselights are up as you find your seat. And, there are ushers to steer you in the right direction.

Harold

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 04-17-2016 01:32 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you reserve one of the wheelchair seats even if you're not in one? How are they going to know if you do it online? If no one with a wheelchair needs one, will they kick you out or rescind your reservation?

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2016 03:09 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMC:

-

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 04-17-2016 09:12 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least you can request the companion seats before anyone else.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-18-2016 01:08 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Delete

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-18-2016 09:45 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Claude S. Ayakawa
It looks like it will because the new Kapolei Commons theaters 12 has total seating for a little over 12000 people..
I assume that's a typo. A 12-plex with 12,000 seats would be gigantic. With big recliner seats the average has to be about 100 seats per auditorium, making it more like 1200 seats for the whole complex.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-18-2016 01:05 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby, all of the auditoriums at the new Regal Kapolei Commons 12 Theatres are not the same size with exact seating count. I learned there are two large houses with Dolby Atmos and both 2D and Real D 3D and a few as small as the size of a private screening room.

Because there is a tremendous reduction of seating, admission prices will be more. I can now get in to see a movie at their Pearl Highland for $8,25 with my Senior admission discount for movies both in their first week of release or after and $3.00 more for 3D. The new Kapolei admission prices for Seniors like me will be $10.25 and $3.00 more for 3D. To see a movie in either 2D or 3D in their largest house with Dolby Atmos, the extra cost will be $3.00. On top of all that, new movies during their first weeK is another $1,50. Summing it all up, if I went to see the JUNGLE BOOK with Dolby Atmos,and 3D, I will have to pay $17.75 and that is ridiculous. The price is almost the same as a Blu Ray disc when it comes out. It seem like I will have to continue to see all my movies at Pearl High;and without Dolby Atmos unless it is an extra special movie like the STAR WARS films.

-Claude

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-18-2016 03:10 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude - the new Jungle Book would be a great movie to see in 3-D with a Atmos mix on a big screen. You're under-rating it.

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2016 11:33 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Ogden
I generally pick out something close to where I would normally sit, then just sit anywhere. I get the impression that nearly everybody else is doing the same, I have never once been challenged by anyone saying "you're sitting in my seat"
Do this once in Germany when you are one of three visitors of the 3pm screening in a 250 seat auditorium - you can be sure that someone is going to walk up to you and say "excuse me sir, but you are occupying my seat!". [Roll Eyes]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-19-2016 06:11 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have ATMOS in two houses and both are doing the Jungle Book feature. Definitely, the ATMOS sound mix was worth seeing.

We don't charge for extra like that, plus we also have the reserved seating in where the public now quite like it knowing that if they come late with Fandango tickets, their seats are waiting for them and not being forced to sit in the neck strain section, being down close to the screen.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: