Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Man arrested for theft of Freddy Got Fingered VHS tape

Author Topic: Man arrested for theft of Freddy Got Fingered VHS tape
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-24-2016 01:41 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why this news story made me think of film-tech. lol.

Man arrested on 2002 theft warrant for Freddy Got Fingered VHS tape

CONCORD, N.C., March 24 (UPI) -- A North Carolina man was arrested during a traffic stop when an officer discovered he had a warrant for failing to return a VHS rental of Freddy Got Fingered in 2002.

James Meyers of Concord said he was pulled over Tuesday morning for a broken tail light while driving his daughter to school and he soon noticed the officer was taking a long time to run his license.

Meyers said the officer returned to his car about 25 minutes later and asked him to step out.

"The officer said, 'I don't know how to tell you this but there's a warrant out for your arrest from 2002. Apparently you rented the movie Freddy Got Fingered and never returned it.' I thought he was joking," Meyers told WSOC-TV.

Meyers, who said he vaguely remembers renting the Tom Green film from the now-defunct J&J's Video in Kannapolis, said he was allowed to take his daughter to school and go to work with a promise to turn himself in later in the day.

"They're not focusing on the crimes I think they should be focusing on," Meyers said. "That hour the cops sat out there with me, the hour and a half I was down in the magistrate's office could have been spent somewhere else."

Meyers is now facing a misdemeanor charge of failure to return rental property, which carries a fine of up to $200.

However, Meyers may not have to spend any of his own money -- [Tom] Green, the film's star, has offered to cover the cost. Green said he is happy to support fans of his poorly-received film.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: