Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Getting cursed out by a bird

Author Topic: Getting cursed out by a bird
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-24-2016 11:08 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Getting cursed out by a bird

This little guy REALLY doesn't like it when the man starts stomping on his cage.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-27-2016 03:50 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a very upscale hotel not too far from me, which has a large cage in the entrance lobby containing two talking parrots. One of them passed away a while back, and was replaced. On his first day in a, shall we say, customer service role, a kid walked up to the cage and asked him something innocuous, like, "Who's a pretty birdie, then?," to which the creature replied, without missing a beat, "Your mother sucks cocks for a living!"

It turned out that he'd picked up quite a few NC-17 rated phrases, presumably at the rescue center from which he'd came. Needless to say, he now lives in the manager's office.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-27-2016 05:54 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A talking bird is very cool, as long as it's the other guy's bird and you don't have to live with it.

Ever since I was a very little kid, I've always had a budgie. And about 40 years ago I spent several months teaching my budgie to talk.

And I had a talking budgie for the next several years.

He got so he would repeat back the last three or four words anyone ever said near him. It was like having an echo in the house, and made it difficult to talk on the phone. He also figured out how to ring exactly like the phone and since his cage wasn't too far away from the phone it was the greatest joke in the world to ring and watch me get up to answer the phone. I could just see him grin at me whenever he did that.

So.. a talking bird is indeed cool and everyone loves to see it. But I'm not planning to teach any others to talk.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: