Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Schult Video Rental Store Poster Case

Author Topic: Schult Video Rental Store Poster Case
Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2016 01:28 AM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good evening!

I scored a neat poster case today for free. It used to be in a rental store(presumably a Blockbuster considering the color/font of mylar and the model number starting in "BB") as it fits 25x39" posters.

I'm looking for information and a source for the chaser bulbs on the frame as well as their plastic christmas light esque socket holders. The transformer is 12v but I have no clue on the wattage.

Also the fuse is MIA. 12v, what amp?

Thanks!

-

-

EDIT: Well I'll be goshdarn, I think I found some bulb replacements but still unsure about the fuse.

http://www.actionlighting.com/12-volt-50ma-60-wattclip-light-replacement-bulb-pack-100pc-202alblb12/

EDIT2: So at 50ma times 96 bulbs on the thing is 4800ma which is 4.8a so 5a 12v fuse?

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 02-11-2016 11:28 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep those bulbs should work fine..and if you dig around you can probably find LED equivalents.

You can do a 5 amp, SLOW BLOW fuse and it should work fine. (You need slow blow because of the inrush current of a cold incandescent lamp.)

Finally, do a Google search by the model number (with and without the "BB") and you may well find more info about.

Better yet post the full model number here, maybe someone knows about them as well...

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2016 02:49 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tony!

BB-255027

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2016 09:09 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://youtu.be/qyxa82cd6ls

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: