Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Abandoned theatre with power on

Author Topic: Abandoned theatre with power on
Thomas Pitt
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2016 06:32 AM      Profile for Thomas Pitt   Email Thomas Pitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across this video of people doing an 'urban explore' of a recently abandoned theatre and thought I'd share it here. Strangely, everything is still there and the power is still on! The guys look around with cameras and then start flicking the breakers to see what happens - eventually they even get one of the projectors to light up! If I was in their place, I wouldn't have dared flick any of those switches in case something exploded or an alarm went off...

What do you guys think?
Video link

|  IP: Logged

Chris Haller
Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2016 08:16 AM      Profile for Chris Haller   Email Chris Haller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the messy state of the booth. These guys must have left in quite the hurry, to leave all that film on the ground. It also looks like there's an entire film plattered still that they grabbed. I wonder if they just grabbed from the end, or realized that the film starts from the center.

It would've been interesting to see what they could've been able to do had the lamphouse not just shutoff on them, I imagine it would not have been very pretty.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2016 08:48 AM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible!

Publication of photographic evidence of trespassing.

Social media bites back.

Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2016 08:58 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a site called....28 days later..is full of this snooping stuff

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2016 09:18 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Thomas Pitt
What Do You Guys Think?
I think this video has previously been posted and discussed here on this thread. [Smile]

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-15-2016 05:09 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When they manage to turn the bulb on - with no extraction - and they then open the lamphouse door (no safety?)... Scaring.

Rex Oliver
Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2016 06:19 AM      Profile for Rex Oliver   Email Rex Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could the pile of film of the floor be the result of a vandal that visited the site before?And yes would have been interesting if they did manage to "show" that film they were trying to thread-and they would have to put power on the platter the film was on.This would have added more to their "DIY" movie showing!And if a place still has power is it REALLY Abandoned?The place must still be owned by someone-they are paying the utility bills.At present one of our NC transmitter sites is unused-"abandoned" to some-but the agency is still paying the utilities to the site-it is under GSA searching for a new owner.We have salvaged what transmitter parts we can to keep the present site still running.And at that theater-the "owners" don't show any interest in the film apparatus that is there.Wonder if the theater does change to a new owner-the film gear would be scrapped.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: