Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 3D Shark Thriller To Stay "Untitled"?

Author Topic: 3D Shark Thriller To Stay "Untitled"?
System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 02-09-2011 02:44 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 
3D Shark Thriller To Stay "Untitled"?

Source: Dark Horizons

quote:
If "The Final Destination" director David R. Ellis has his way, his upcoming "Untitled 3D Shark Thriller" will keep that title.

The story centers on a group of college friends who spend a weekend at a lake house, only to discover the lake is infested with sharks. The film is to be called "Shark Night 3D" when it is released internationally, a title that hasn't sat well with anyone involved.

"I hated the original title… so at our weekly production meetings, I made everyone on the crew come up with names - Chums, Fins, Terror on the Lake - but they all seemed kind of cheesy. And so until I hear a better name, I like what we've got right now: Untitled 3D Shark Thriller. The title says everything you need to know: 'We've got sharks.' 'It's in 3D.' and, 'It's a thriller'" Ellis tells Vulture.

Relativity Media hasn't commented on the report. Sara Paxton, Dustin Milligan, Katharine McPhee and Chris Carmack star in the film which is scheduled to open September 2nd.

|  IP: Logged

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2011 03:48 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sharks - Salt Water creatures.
Lakes - Fresh Water bodies.

The entire premise is not working for me.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-09-2011 05:01 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But...it's in 3D [Cool]

"Deep Blue Sea" remains one of my guilty pleasures -- even though the sharks can swim backwards [Eek!]

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2011 05:32 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sharks and 3D: a great combination as evidenced by the classic of the genre, JAWS 3-D.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-09-2011 09:28 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
S-H-H-H-H-H! Hillary, or else Universal might decide to "convert" the original Jaws into 3D. [Big Grin]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-09-2011 09:54 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed JAWS 3D -- I wish they'd reissue it as a DCP.

...and it's really more of a remake of REVENGE OF THE CREATURE (1955) than it is a sequel to JAWS.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 02-10-2011 07:31 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There already was one. It was called THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US (1956). It wasn't in 3D though.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 02-15-2011 07:22 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark J. Marshall
There already was one. It was called THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US (1956). It wasn't in 3D though.
But now it COULD be!

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 02-15-2011 07:29 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark J. Marshall
But now it COULD be!

quote:

"I hated the original title… so at our weekly production meetings, I made everyone on the crew come up with names - Chums, Fins, Terror on the Lake - but they all seemed kind of cheesy.

Oh, like the story premise isn't?

By they way, any film where there the subject is fish or birds or flying machines is like gold to a 3D cinematographer because that is so well suited for 3D. You can easily have objects come forward from the screen without touching the screen edges; any object in front of the screen that touches the screen frame breaks the illusion. Floating crap doesn't so you can get great 3D effects, ala CREATURE and JAWS 3D and the hot air balloon in UP. That stuff can just hang out there right in front of your eyeballs. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: