Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Colin Farrell Confirmed For Total Recall Remake, Which Shoots In May

Author Topic: Colin Farrell Confirmed For Total Recall Remake, Which Shoots In May
System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 01-10-2011 05:20 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 
Colin Farrel Confirmed For Total Recall Remake, Which Shoots in May

quote:
Whether you're ready for it or not, the Total Recall remake is still happening, with a lead actor and a start date finally set. Talking to Collider producer Neal Moritz confirmed that Colin Farrell will be starring in the remake (last we heard back in November he was still mulling it over), and that director Len Wiseman will start shooting the film in Toronto on May 15. Oh, and it won't be in 3D. That's at least one part you can celebrate openly.

The remake, which Moritz described as "a big movie," is well into early development, and Moritz gushed to Collider over the designs he's seen from director Wiseman:

It’s a real world, a real future world, where the cities have just gotten so overcrowded that the cities are just built up, up, up, up. It’s just everything I see on the movie, every pre-vis I see on the movie, every conceptual drawing on this movie that I see just makes me more and more excited. We’re playing it like a real world, but there’s all these technological advancements to the real world, and it’s just really, it’s cool.

In the original Total Recall, based on Philip K. Dick's story "We Can Remember It For You Wholsesale," Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a construction worker who was actually a freedom fighter relocated from his Mars home to Earth, where his memory was erased in order to subdue him. Moritz says that the new film won't venture into space, where a large segment of the first film took place, and that it will be based more closely on the original story, so it might be possible not to think of Arnold while watching Farrell fight for space freedom.

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-10-2011 09:04 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great. I hear re-makes of Fright Night and Robocop are in the works.

Colin Farrell is a decent, yet conventional choice as the lead in the Total Recall remake. Wasn't the character in the original Phillip K. Dick short story, We Can Remember It For You Wholesale something of a nerd? I guess that would do too much to make audiences believe the character never went to Mars and was merely sitting in the virtual vacation office rotting out his brain.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: