Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » McG Lands 'Ouija' Directing Gig

Author Topic: McG Lands 'Ouija' Directing Gig
System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 01-05-2011 10:18 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 
McG Lands 'Ouija' Directing Gig

Source: Hollywood Reporter

quote:
McG has won the contest for the gig to direct Ouija for Universal and is now in negotiations.

The studio's planned film adaptation of the classic Hasbro board game about conjuring up spirits of the dead has had a tough go at finding a director but before the town shut down for the holidays, Heat Vision reported that McG presented Universal execs his vision for the project, which has a script by Tron: Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and is being produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes.

He was vying for the gig against The Crazies director Breck Eisner, who pitched his take on the material the week before.
Plot details are kept under wraps although it's described as a four-quadrant supernatural adventure centering around a family, with influences from The Mummy and Indiana Jones .

-

McG, repped by WME and Management 360, just wrapped Fox’s This Means War starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-05-2011 10:25 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH FUCK YEAH MCG IZ DA MAN! If anyone were to direct a movie based on an Oija board, McG is the man for the job. There really isn't anything that McG cannot do. I think that perhaps McG is best known for single-handedly saving hundreds of orphans who were in danger of being blown up by terrorists back in '06. McG showers in victory and eats awesomeness for breakfast. He is McG.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-05-2011 10:51 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A movie based on Ouija? What's next? A movie adaptation of Rubik's Cube? Oh, I know! Monopoly: The Movie!

Have your people call my people.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2011 08:56 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is already a movie loosely based upon Rubik's Cube. Surprisingly, it is called Cube. It's actually a pretty good film for a low budget sci-fi pix.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-07-2011 04:01 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance that a movie called 'Ouija' ( [Eek!] ) had of being half decent has now gone down the toilet by having this McG (I take the pickles off mine) guy attached to 'direct'. In this instance the word 'direct' means 'destroy'.

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2011 08:47 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A movie based on Ouija? What's next? A movie adaptation of Rubik's Cube? Oh, I know! Monopoly: The Movie!

I'm still waiting for progress on the 3-D (of course) movie adaptation of the View-Master.

Seriously. I can't wait!

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-08-2011 09:24 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, what the hell is a
quote:
four-quadrant supernatural adventure
??

Also, is this a remake? We already had Witchboard, which I remember as being a pretty good movie.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a movie about a Ouija board influenced by the writers of Tron and by Michael Bay. Maybe we'll have glowing 3D Ouija boards blowing up all over the place? That might be cool I guess. Is Daft Punk doing the score?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: