Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Razzie Shortlist Reveals New Category: ‘Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D’

Author Topic: Razzie Shortlist Reveals New Category: ‘Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D’
System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 01-09-2011 12:59 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 
Razzie Shortlist Reveals New Category: 'Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D'

-

Source: Slashfilm.com

quote:
As the movie industry evolves, so to do the Razzies. The anti-Oscars, which infamously recognize the worst movies of the year, have announced their short list of eligible films which includes a brand new category: Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D. What films are eligible for that award as well as Worst Film of the Year and more? Find out after the jump. Actual nominations will be announced January 24, the day before Oscar nominations.
As if you need another piece of proof that the Golden Globes are a joke, one of their Best Picture nominees leads the pack of eligibility. Burlesque is eligible for worst screenplay, worst director, worst supporting actor for Cam Gigandet, worst supporting actress for both Kristen Bell and Cher and worst actress for Christina Aguilera.

Oddly enough, though, Burlesque is NOT eligible for Worst Picture. Those dubious distinctions go to The Bounty Hunter Clash of the Titans, The Expendables, Grown Ups, Jonah Hex, Killers, The Last Airbender, Little Fockers, Sex and the City 2, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Vampires Suck and Yogi Bear.

In the Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D category, the eligible nominees include, but are apparently not limited too, Piranha 3D, The Nutcracker in 3D and Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Among the eligible actors and actresses are Jessica Alba for her whole year: The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete and Valentine’s Day as well as Emily Blunt for Gullivers Travels and The Wolfman. George Lopez had quite the year too with Marmaduke, The Spy Next Door and Valentine’s Day while Mickey Rourke is also eligible for The Expendables and Iron Man 2.

And in another Golden Globe faux-pas, Angelina Jolie is eligible for Worst Actress for The Tourist even though she got a Best Actress nod from the Globes.

It’s a sad day when the Razzies are more accurate as an award show than the nationally televised Golden Globes.

Also, we realize this is just a sampling of the eligible films and actors. As far as we can tell, all the news outlets are only reporting a portion of the eligible names instead of the full list. When we find the full list, we’ll post it here. Clash of the Titans and The Last Airbender have to be eligible for the 3D award, no?

|  IP: Logged

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2011 01:49 AM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clash of the Titans should ABSOLUTELY win "Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D " hands down. I saw that movie in 3D for free and I was pissed, although unfortunately not surprised, that a Major studio would release such crap. The 3D definatly added a whole new dimension to the SUCK of this movie... [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown] [thumbsdown]

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2011 05:31 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That movie wasn't even shot in 3-D, it was in 2-D and "digitally" converted to 3-D.

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2011 12:04 PM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And done in a weeks time!!This is why 3D conversions SUCK!!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-19-2011 01:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do the majority of articles posted by "System Notices" refer to something happening "after the jump"?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-19-2011 01:56 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Find out after the jump.

Actually Joe, I think it's just the Soup Nazi messing with your mind. Did you line up at some time and not deliver your order as you were supposed to?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-19-2011 03:06 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's my bitch. Anyway, it says the same thing in the actual articles. I think Film-Tech has code written so it can only link to articles where we find something out after the jump, but they never jump.

Seriously, "after the jump", who says that? The article is therefore invalid.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-21-2011 08:49 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"After the jump" happens in newspaper blogs. They truncate the article so you read a couple of paragraphs on the main blog page and then if you want to read the rest of the article, there is a link to jump to that article's page.

Or I have also seen a "jump" to indicate a big ugly ad in the middle of the page, with the rest of the article below the ad.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-21-2011 09:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That makes sense, though on the links provided I usually do not see an ad after the sentence nor a way to truncate/collapse the article.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: