Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dinosaur Novel (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Dinosaur Novel
Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2014 03:06 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

As a long-time fan of movies like JAWS and JURASSIC PARK, I decided to try my hand at writing something like that on my own.

The book went live yesterday. If it sounds like something you might be interested in, I'd love for you to give it a look.

If you like it, please post a review on Amazon. If you have criticisms, I'd love to hear those too, but would rather hear them here. [Smile]

The Dinosaur Four is available as an e-book at Amazon. Read more about it at
www.GeoffJonesWriter.com

|  IP: Logged

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2014 07:59 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today only - THE DINOSAUR FOUR is available as a free download at Amazon as part of a Kindle promotion.

THE DINOSAUR FOUR is a Stephen King-style sci-fi thriller about ten everyday strangers who suddenly find themselves transported back in time. (Not for children.)

THE DINOSAUR FOUR at Amazon

I would love to hear what you guys think!

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2014 08:15 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Dinosaur Four got a new cover recently.

Reviews have been great: 4.8 out of 5 stars from 68 reviews.

Sales are on the rise too: #14 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel

Check out The Dinosaur Four at Amazon.

-

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2014 06:55 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Dinosaur Four is now on sale for $0.99.

Check out the reviews:

quote:
"This is a rompin', stompin', chompin' adventure! When an unlucky group of humans who hardly know each other are thrust back into the age of the dinosaurs, it's hard to know if their brains and social cohesion will triumph over big teeth. If you're keeping score, mammals and reptiles both rack up points. A gripping page turner in the spirit of a Stephen King thriller. Grab a copy!" --Hal Barwood, screenwriter of Dragonslayer and author of Shadowcop
 -

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 09-10-2014 02:24 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, man! Congrats on the kudos.

I'm a _very_ slow reader, so recreational reading is not usually my thing. But, I must admit, I'm intrigued.

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2014 05:11 PM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad this isn't a 3D Book; Don't want some gigantic T-Rex jumping out of the Pages at me [Eek!] I'm a Lazy Reader;I still have to have someone read to me! [Confused] [Wink]

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-10-2014 06:42 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who did that cover? [Smile]

And do us a favor and publish it in some ePub or PDF version too, will you? [Wink]

I would like to read it (I do have plenty of E-readers), but I don't have a Kindle and I'm not planning on owning one, because Amazon is a total clusterfuck over here...

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2014 08:41 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Manny! It's a pretty quick read, for what it's worth. No Cloud Atlas here.

Steve, maybe someday they will make a movie of it. In 2D. On 65MM film.

Marcel, the cover was done by Dave Kang, a video game artist I worked with when I was a video game designer. It's actually my second cover (a modification of my first one). The original was too "young adult" looking, so I changed it. One of the benefits of self-publishing. [Wink]

Are you able to use the free Kindle Reading App? In the U.S., there is a link to it on the right side of my book's Amazon page. It works on most computers, tablets, and phones - no Kindle hardware required.

Right now, I'm staying exclusive to Amazon because of the Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited programs, where members can "borrow" books for free. It allows readers to take a chance on new authors without any financial risk, and if a borrowed book is read past the 10% mark, I get a royalty.

Geoff

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-11-2014 03:44 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cover looks great, especially for an independently published book. That guy obviously knows his digital artwork skills.

The Kindle App only works on PCs and stuff like Android tablets or mobile phones and I'm not even sure if I can get U.S. content on it (that's the Amazon clusterfuck I mentioned).

I'm an avid reader and even many pages don't scare me away. I frequently use E-readers and obviously still like reading dead trees. But reading anything more than about 50 pages off an LCD screen isn't something I enjoy. Plus, the damn battery life of those things...

Is the contract you have with Amazon some kind of an exclusive deal? Or are you allowed to publish it via other channels?

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 09-11-2014 01:17 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read a lot of books and always have. But I can't remember the last time I read a book on paper; it's been at least several years now.

I read books on my computers with http://fbreader.org/content/linux, and I occasionally read books on my Android phone with fbreader as well. My wife reads books on her computer and Android tablets with fbreader.

I don't mind reading books on my computers. I can set my own preferred font and size for reading, and the computer holds the book for you too.

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2014 10:19 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marcel Birgelen
Is the contract you have with Amazon some kind of an exclusive deal? Or are you allowed to publish it via other channels?
Yeah - your book isn't eligible for free borrows unless it is exclusive to Amazon.

It's been a huge day for me. I ran a paid promotion at a site called Bookbub and the results have floored me...

-

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2014 12:35 AM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2014 01:53 AM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow great job man!!

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2014 01:36 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcel, a paperback version is now available if you are still interested. Amazon hasn't linked the ebook and the paperback yet, so it's a little tricky to find, but it's there.

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1499677014
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1499677014

Sales have slowed quite a bit since my $0.99 promotion, but it's still getting a lot of reviews and people seem to be having fun with it. [Smile]

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2015 09:12 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wrapping up another $0.99 promotion with The Dinosaur Four and managed to nab the top spot in horror, for at least a short while.

-

Yay for people getting eaten by dinosaurs!
[Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: