Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Harold Ramis Dead

Author Topic: Harold Ramis Dead
Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 02-24-2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Murray's best sidekick
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/harold-ramis-dead-at-69-1201118556/
‘Ghostbusters’ Star Harold Ramis Dies at 69

Harold Ramis Dead at 69
FEBRUARY 24, 2014 | 09:28AM PT
He also directed hit comedies 'Groundhog Day' and 'Caddyshack'

Alex Stedman
Harold Ramis, best known as an actor in “Ghostbusters” and “Stripes” and a writer/director for “Caddyshack” and “Groundhog Day” died Monday died today from complications related to auto-immune inflammatory vasculitis, a disease he battled for four years. He was 69.

Born in Chicago, IL, Ramis got his start at the famed Second City improvisational group and made his big Hollywood breakthrough in 1978 when he co-wrote “National Lampoon’s Animal House,” starring John Belushi.

He went on to co-write and star opposite Bill Murray in “Stripes” (1981), “Ghostbusters” (1984) and “Ghostbusters II” (1989). He later co-wrote and made his directorial debut with Caddyshack (1980), followed by “National Lampoon’s Vacation” (1983).

Ramis most recently directed the 2009 comedy “Year One” starring Jack Black and Michael Cera and was also seen opposite Seth Rogen in Judd Apatow’s box office hit “Knocked Up.”

A trailblazer in the comedy world, Ramis was the recipient of the American Comedy Award, the British Comedy Award, and the BAFTA (British Academy) award for screenwriting.

In addition to his wife Erica, Ramis is survived by sons Julian and Daniel, daughter Violet and two grandchildren.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-24-2014 12:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that is a shocker. Dude was a comedy genius. He never really got the recognition he deserved as an actor....his "deadpan" style in movies like "Stripes" and "Ghostbusters" made him so much fun to watch. He was the perfect complement to Bill Murray's 'madcap' characters. Very sad news...R.I.P.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad news indeed. I too was shocked. I really liked Harold and the films he was involved in. Guess 69 is getting up there tho.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-24-2014 05:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad to hear of the news. Whoever wrote that article should probably proof-read their own work though. Anyone find a problem with this paragraph?

quote: Martin McCaffery
He went on to co-write and star opposite Bill Murray in “Stripes” (1981), “Ghostbusters” (1984) and “Ghostbusters II” (1989). He later co-wrote and made his directorial debut with Caddyshack (1980), followed by “National Lampoon’s Vacation” (1983).

Matthew McBride
Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2014 06:06 PM      Profile for Matthew McBride   Email Matthew McBride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, am also sadden by this. I really liked him in movie industry.

Brad are you referring to the fact that their dates don't follow correctly with their presentation on timelines [Razz]

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2014 07:06 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sad to hear of the news. Whoever wrote that article should probably proof-read their own work though. Anyone find a problem with this paragraph?

quote: Martin McCaffery

Well, obviously he had a time machine!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-24-2014 10:12 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Harold Ramis manage a theater? I ask because this thread is currently in Ground Level.

Anyway Brad, there is nothing wrong with that paragraph. You're thinking of time too linearly. After Ramis got done with GhostBusters 2, he decided to take on directing. But he decided that 1989 was not the best place to do it. So he moved to 1980 and started directing things simply because the market was better for his stylings then. He was a smart one, that Egon.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 02-24-2014 10:31 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
Did Harold Ramis manage a theater? I ask because this thread is currently in Ground Level.
Ooops

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2014 12:38 AM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first remember RAMIS on SCTV doing skits with John Candy,Eugene Levy,Kathreen O'Hara,Rick Moranis,etc.His "GROUNDHOGS DAY" is still one of my most favorite Films. Very Talented Man...RIP [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: