Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » "Compassion" version of "Son of God"

Author Topic: "Compassion" version of "Son of God"
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2014 10:24 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what the "Compassion" version of "Son of God" is? It is two minutes longer than the regular version. I doubt we will play it.

-

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-21-2014 11:17 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read in Hollywood Reporter that they re-edited the film to cut scenes featuring Satan out, because the actor has a striking resemblance to President Obama. Maybe they had to put in other scenes to make things make sense and that resulted in the longer version?

Or maybe this one has a less violent crucifixion scene?

At any rate I tried googling it and came up with nothin'.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 02-21-2014 11:29 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will venture a guess that there is a "church" version and a public version. They are selling lots of tickets to church groups, and probably four walling many shows, it would make sense to have a little something extra for those screenings.

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2014 12:50 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Compassion" refers to the crucifixion. Perhaps those scenes were modified in some way.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-21-2014 03:49 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Robert E. Allen
"Compassion" refers to the crucifixion.
How so?

Robert Harrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2014 05:38 PM      Profile for Robert Harrison   Email Robert Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Compassion" version features an introduction (or some such) from "Touched By An Angel's" Roma Downey who produced the film (or some such) for an organization known as Compassion (or some such).

Robert (or some such)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: