Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Seasons greetings

Author Topic: Seasons greetings
Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2012 11:12 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seasons greetings, and a very happy new year to all in the industry.

|  IP: Logged

Andy Frodsham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2012 11:45 AM      Profile for Andy Frodsham   Email Andy Frodsham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and a very Happy (digital) New Year to you all....

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2012 11:57 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours from me and mine.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 12-24-2012 01:25 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee") Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.
This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.
This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.
The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.
Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-24-2012 01:46 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone has read too many film company contracts! Merry Christmas!

Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2012 10:43 PM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, I live very close to the Canadian border. CBC leaks across to the South very "Liberally"! Your comments remind me of some of the best tongue in cheek humor I hear on the CBC!

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2012 01:50 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a Happy New Gear!

Cassandra Palko
Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2012 11:28 PM      Profile for Cassandra Palko   Author's Homepage   Email Cassandra Palko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy working Christmas. I like seeing all the families having a good time in the theatre I work at. Show business has become their family holiday tradition.

Local news station stopped by because we were one of the only businesses open - video at link

Christmas night a big night for movies at Marcus North Shore Cinema
Posted on: 7:45 pm, December 25, 2012, by Bret Buganski, updated on: 09:09pm, December 25, 2012
MEQUON — On Christmas, not much is open. Many places closed down for the day so employees could be with family. However, there were a select few places that were open for business, and a few people out and about, participating in some alternative Christmas activities.
At the Marcus North Shore Cinema in Mequon, Christmas night is one of the busiest nights of the year.
“Every year we come to a movie after we’ve had a Christmas brunch at our house. We actually came to see ‘This is 40′ but it sold out so we’re staying. We bought a pitcher of beer so we can wait for an hour,” one patron said.
Three new films premiered Tuesday at Marcus, and employees kept the popcorn at the ready.
For Brad Tenin, who is Jewish, Christmas Day was just another day.
“It’s kind of a normal day. The only thing that stunk was the gym was closed. I’m Jewish, so like a good Jew — we go to the movies and eat Chinese food,” Tenin said.
After visiting his father in the hospital, Andy Christman also had Chinese food on his mind.
“I just thought I’d find somewhere that was going to have food and from A Christmas Story, you know that the Chinese always are open on Christmas,” Christman said.
These folks say having an alternative Christmas is their ticket to relieving some holiday stress and celebrating the season.
“I think it’s just fun to leave the house and leave the mess and go see a good movie,” one person said.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: