Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Imax Breakdown At Batman Premiere

Author Topic: Imax Breakdown At Batman Premiere
Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2012 11:11 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This story is about a month old. I just heard about it from
a friend who just returned from China where he saw it reported
in the Chinese language papers there.

I was able to find an English language version
HERE> Link To Chinese Imax Story

Batman Premiere In Tianjin Delayed After IMAX Projector Stops Working
<I'm not sure if it was "real" Imax or digital -jc- >

The Dark Knight Rises premiere at a Tianjin IMAX theater was dramatically delayed for four hours after the IMAX projector went wrong in the 7th minute.

More than 300 people were in the IMAX theater of China Film Cinema at Jinwan Plaza when the incident happened at midnight on August 27th.

After 4 hours eagerly waiting, the upset Batman fans got an apology from the cinema's general manager who got down on his knees .

He promised to compensate the audience with cash five times their tickets’ value and to give them free tickets for all films at the cinema until the end of 2012.

One audience surnamed Sun said: "As people who stayed up late on Monday to catch a premiere, we are hardcore movie fans. We waited for 4 hours with no explanation from the cinema staff. We still have to work in the morning. Who wouldn’t become angry?"

Online communities on Chinese micro-blogging websites mainly praised the cinema's efforts to compensate the audiences, but raised the question of what it should have done to make the audience feel more comfortable during their time spent waiting for the problems to be fixed.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: