Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Radio streaming with iTunes

Author Topic: Radio streaming with iTunes
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-02-2012 04:43 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always knew about radio streaming but I never bothered with it until yesterday when I had discovered a lot of wonderful music I could listen to by streaming on iTunes. One could listen to all kinds of music and since I prefer classical that is what I chose. I listened to an all Beethoven station yesterday and today, it is Mozart and right now I am listening to a selection from his motet EXSULTATE JUBILATE and it is wonderful. Up until now, I have been listening to music off my IPod Classic that I had stored all of my classical CDs as well as other genres of music when I do Photoshop post production work on my Mac computer. The Mozart station I am tuned in today is called Radio Mozart and seem be European based in France and it is great. There are no commercials except station identification in French and program announcements from time to time in English.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-02-2012 06:42 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to streaming radio .. there's tonnage out there where you can use Winamp, Media Player and similar to stream these stations...

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2012 11:11 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have Wi-Fi in your house, you can get a radio which can tune into the internet streamed stations. You would not even need to have your computer on.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-03-2012 09:46 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I keep forgetting iTunes has streaming channels within the program (which is what Claude is actually referring to). I need to look at that again.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-03-2012 03:36 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the 3rd day I am listening to music streams on iTunes and today it is KHPR, my local public radio station here in Honolulu. It is a wonderful station and I have been supporting them with a monthly contribution for years as a 'Life Member'.

-Claude

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 02-05-2012 07:42 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use Delicast.com Hundreds of TV and radio from around the world. It also streams a station in Graz, Austria 24 hours per day which I then rebroadcast on 97.1. Wife speaks a version of German that is normal in Graz. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: