Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Memorable film(s) released on Nov. 26th

Author Topic: Memorable film(s) released on Nov. 26th
Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2011 10:28 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Released on this day in 1942...

-

Released on this day in 1986...

-

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-26-2011 10:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We played "Casablanca" as part of our 60th Anniversary Classics series in 1990. It was a really clean print, very sharp. Had a lot of people who had seen the movie in the Roxy when it first came out, which was cool.

Star Trek IV remains the only ST movie that I've seen. I can't remember why I decided to watch it, but I really enjoyed it. I remember hearing that it was by far the funniest ST film.

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 12:10 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the most popular films of all time (and the most popular Star Trek movie as well) and all this can muster is a single comment??? [Roll Eyes]

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 12:41 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to watch Casablanca once and never got into it.
Well, it was 30 years ago. Maybe I'll try again.
As for the other one, which Leonard Nimoy directed, there were numerous moments within in that are fun to pull up from memory.
"Where do we go to find a tank like that?"
*looks at the side of a building advertising the Yellow Pages*
Spock commenting on the Whale keeper's "colorful metaphors." Sounds really funny when he tries to speak like her.
Bones arguing with a surgeon with medical jargon. *after curing a woman waiting for dialysis*

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 01:18 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damnit Jim, I'm a Frenchman not a Nazi Stooge!

AJG

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 01:21 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you keep the nuclear wessels?

I'm not sure if that was a Russian accent or Elmer Fudd as a dialog coach.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 04:31 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The boombox guy on the bus.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 04:35 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keyboard? How quaint!

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2011 06:17 PM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got Casablanca doubled with The Maltese Falcon on New Year's Day. Haven't run them for a while, so hopefully they'll draw a good crowd.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-29-2011 08:33 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How's the 4K of Strangelove look Jock?

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2011 06:25 AM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Excellent detective work John [Wink] )

To be honest I'm not overly impressed. They at least managed to get it right and actually have it at 1.66 and in mono, but it's very noisy, and it's quite an obvious digital noise to my eyes. We have an original 35mm trailer which has had about forty million frames cut out of it but has a much cleaner picture. The 16mm exteriors suffer the worst.

But of course it's better than nothing and could be far worse.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 12-01-2011 12:54 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Rick Raskin
The boombox guy on the bus.
I liked that the scene partly came about because Nimoy had the same thing happen in real-life and said "If I was really Spock, I'd pinch his head off."

And that when he didn't feel the music that was pre-selected for the scene represented the character that well, one of the associate producers wrote and recorded the song used in the movie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: