Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bond 23 = "Skyfall" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bond 23 = "Skyfall"
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-03-2011 05:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It must be official, it was in Variety!

Variety article

LONDON -- "Skyfall" will be the official title of the 23rd James Bond title, its producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli announced in London on Thursday.

Pic goes into production on Nov. 7, and will begin its worldwide roll out in the U.K. and Ireland on Oct. 26, 2012, and in North America on Nov. 9, 2012.

In the pic, Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her, according to a statement released by shingle Eon Productions, MGM Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Speaking to a packed press conference at London's Corinthia Hotel in Whitehall Place, pic's helmer Sam Mendes was on site along with stars Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem (who was confirmed as the villain in the pic), Judi Dench, and Bond girls Naomie Harris and Berenice Marlohe.

Additional cast, who weren't present due to work commitments, include Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and Ben Whishaw.

Mendes wouldn't reveal much about the pic -- in fact all involved in the pic were tight-lipped about plot details -- but he assured journos that the film would contain "a lot of action."

He said the pic will lense in Whitehall in London, Pinewood Studios, China, Istanbul, Turkey and Scotland.

Wilson confirmed that the budget would remain in the same range as "Quantum of Solace," which sat at $230 million, and despite the recent economic turmoil of MGM over the past year, project was not affected by budget cuts.

"We haven't had to change anything in the script to get what we want," said Wilson. "In fact we keep on adding things. We're not feeling that we've had to sacrifice for this film."

Screenplay was penned by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan.

The announcement was made in London 50 years to the day since Sean Connery was announced to be playing Bond for "Dr. No."

The director of photography will be Roger Deakins, who previously shot "Jarhead" and "Revolutionary Road" for Mendes.

Production designer is Dennis Gassner, who designed "Quantum of Solace" and worked with Mendes on "Road to Perdition" and "Jarhead."

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-03-2011 05:38 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received an email from Sony about 30 minutes ago quoting the same article.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-03-2011 07:10 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received a phone call from Sean Connery talking about it 45 minutes ago.

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2011 01:20 AM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received an email informing me that I may already be a winner.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2011 02:52 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was delivered by Q branch.

AJG

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 11-04-2011 06:20 AM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine fell off the back of a DB 5.

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2011 08:28 AM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard somebody from Kodak sobbing quietly in the corner.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-04-2011 07:55 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone from Nigeria e-mailed me about a potential "Windfall."

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2011 08:07 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...just send them half the amount of that “windfall.”

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 11:17 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I know it's early, but anyone care to guess who will or should sing the title song?

AJG

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 11:47 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin Bieber? [Razz]

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-06-2011 02:01 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as Shirley Bassey still breathes, it should always be her.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 11-06-2011 03:49 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Waits. But then I think he should sing every movie theme;>

Melanie Loggins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 04:59 PM      Profile for Melanie Loggins   Author's Homepage   Email Melanie Loggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Skyfall sounds like a video game.

Shirley Bassey should sing it. And it should be produced by Massive Attack.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-06-2011 06:33 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because there is a big game coming out called Skyrim. I know next to nothing about it, I think it is for PC only.

I think "Moneyball" sounds like an 007 title.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: