Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » RIP Dick Niccum (CFS, Lighting Images)

Author Topic: RIP Dick Niccum (CFS, Lighting Images)
Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 07-13-2011 12:43 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just learned this morning that Dick Niccum passed away after a long battle with cancer.

I know CFS and LIT were not favorite companies with many in the forum population but I have always known him as a great guy to deal with, he always went out of his way to help me in anything I needed to acquire for whatever project.

I will post more info as I receive it.

RIP. [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-13-2011 01:52 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news indeed. Dick has always been pretty good to me, and he was quite a character as well.

I send my deepest sympathies to his wife and family and all the folks at LIT over this loss.

Godspeed, Dick. R.I.P. sir.

I just spoke with Bill at LIT and he gave me more info, but I don't think it appropriate to post here. However he expresses thanks to those who have already called them to express condolences.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 07-19-2011 03:17 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was always a member in good standing of our little tribe of technicians and merchants. He was very colorful for sure and could spin a great yarn.

One cool thing is he would trade favors and that is what our cottage industry is all about. You give, you get.

I hope there is a service so we can all tell our stories.

I feel sure he would approve.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-19-2011 05:27 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was surprised to learn about this through his wife on my Facebook page no less. I had no idea Dick had cancer... he concealed it very well although he did just more or less vanish about a month ago. He was on Facebook pretty regularly until then. I last chatted with Dick At Cinema Con in Vegas and as always was as friendly as ever and had plenty of good deals up his sleeve. Dick will certainly be missed and unfortunately he won't get to "own all the projectors in the world" as he once told me he would eventually do.

Mark

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2011 06:18 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another veteran is lost. I have known Dick since the late 1980s. Quite a charactor indeed! My Condolences to Margeret, His son Ryan, and his ex wife Nickki, as well as Bill his right hand man and ex-brother in law. It was quite a combination of Dick and Ron Offerman.. a loss to a dying industry. God bless them all! John, Molly & Roxy Eickhof

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2011 08:46 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made some deals with Dick in the past time and was very friendly people, i say sorry for that lost.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: