Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Film Techers you ran into at CinemaCon

Author Topic: Film Techers you ran into at CinemaCon
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-30-2011 09:09 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far I have run into Brad Miller, Jeremy (forgot his last name in all the chaos), Mark Gulgrandsen, and Jeff Logan. Probably will hit the tradeshow again tomorrow so maybe I'll see a few more. Pretty good convention, but this hotel is confusing!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-31-2011 12:47 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except for a couple of minutes in the Strong booth on Monday morning, I've been stuck in the temporary projection booth in the Colosseum at Caesars, so sorry, haven't been able to run into anyone except during quick runs to the food court or the Munch Bar during run-throughs.

The temp booth is pretty neat - ten D-Cinema machines set up in double-stacks - four Christie 2230's, two Sony 320's, two Barco DP4K-32B's, and the ones I'm helping to shepard, two NEC 3240's. RealD and Master Image supplied the 3D. Plus Dolby Show Stores and Show Players, CP-650's, Doremi V1's, Sony HDCamSRs, Folsom ImageProHD scalers for the alternate content, and all the necessary routers, network switches, and "Detangler"s to connect it all. It's a projection geek's heaven up here.

On stage we've got two screens - a 70' MDI silver, and a 70' 1.8 gain screen (Hurley, I think). OSC supplied all of the B-chain, including 12 dual-18" sub cabinets lined up on the stage under the screens. The current THX snipe sounded really good in this 4000-seat venue during testing on Sunday. [Smile]

It's been a super pleasure to work with Boston Light and Sound and all of the manufacturer techs on this project.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-31-2011 01:21 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Jeremy (forgot his last name in all the chaos)
Spraklen.

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2011 01:31 AM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any chances of getting some pictures for those of us that were unable to go? It would be greatly appreciated!! [Smile] [Smile]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-01-2011 01:48 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have a camera but hopefully somebody will put up pics.

Gotta throw some kudos to the projection people -- everything looked flawless in all the presentations. I'm sure there was a glitch here and there but it didn't show. Also that was probably the best sound system I ever heard.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 04-02-2011 11:24 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Brad, Jeremy, Mark Gulbrandsen, Steve Guttag, Dominic Espinosa, Dick Niccum, Pat Moore, and Bevan Wright...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: