Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Oscars 2011

Author Topic: Oscars 2011
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 02-27-2011 09:03 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it me or is the show moving along fast.

A few shockers:

True Grit has been shutout
Alice has a few
Geoffrey Rush was robbed
Inception has 3 Awards
No songs performed as of yet (ok nevermind:)

and The Wolfman won an Oscar! [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Robert Harrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2011 11:15 PM      Profile for Robert Harrison   Email Robert Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering it was over in less than 3 and a half hours, yeah. I made it up until the first acceptance speech and realized that the thing I hated about award shows are the acceptance speeches, where they thank everybody and their dog. BORING!

I tuned back in just as Sandra Bullock was announcing the nominees for Best Actor and watched until an army of people took the stage to accept the Best Picture award for the soon to be truncated "King's Speech."

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-27-2011 11:29 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, JUST FIND THE ORIGINAL THREAD!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: