Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Studio Movie Grill Arlington Video Tour

Author Topic: Studio Movie Grill Arlington Video Tour
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-01-2011 09:33 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why doesn't anyone ever make threads about videos, pictures, tips, etc that are posted on the front page? What is wrong with you people?

Anyway I enjoyed the video. It was almost like an advertising: "Featuring Dolby CP650s and Filmguard on every show!" Don't get me wrong, I thought it was pulled of rather well.

Many people might think it is an odd camera exposure error, but notice how the lights automatically turn on when the show ends. Where can I get light boxes like that and how much do they usually run for? I want to do this as well.

Nice Steadicam work and dof effects. Why isn't it flickering when the movie screens are shown? I don't understand this whitchery!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-01-2011 09:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The CA21s you have are already pre-programmed for it, and they tie straight into the existing booth lighting. You will have to rig up some sort of external relay system for the other automations you suffer with though.

Cameras today are designed by pirates, hence the no flickering. [Razz]

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2011 09:54 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good video. Whoever threaded those films that day did one hell of a job. just saying......

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-01-2011 09:59 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My existing lights kind of suck, though. I am sure I could come up with something less elegant yet still better than what I have, but if the 2x4 lights aren't out of my league then they would look the best.

By the way, I like how Jeremy applies new Filmguard every show. [Smile] (Yes I know he really doesn't). Also, I label my cleaners the same way, but I don't put the auditorium number on them since I don't have a platter array.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-01-2011 10:02 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not the auditorium number. Those prints moved to different auditoriums most every round of the day. That was how many feet long the media pads needed to be.

And no, the pads were only saturated once a week, per the instructions.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: