Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » USL, Inc. Rocks!! (And give a shout out to other great companies!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: USL, Inc. Rocks!! (And give a shout out to other great companies!)
Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-02-2010 01:45 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to give a big shout out to Clint Koch and the gang at Ultra Stereo Labs!!

They puled my fat out of the fire yesterday with their usual excellent products and support, and even stayed late to allow my client to pick up a vitally needed crossover/monitor.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Jack Cashin, Clint and the gang for many years and they have always been helpful and a pleasure to work with!!

Anyone else with great support stories to share add them here, let's see if this thread can pass the "Deadbeats" thread in post count!!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-02-2010 02:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another kudo for USL here.

I don't remember the model numbers involved, but we had a USL processor when we installed our original DTS unit. When we upgraded to the DTS XD-10, our tech (John Eickhof) had been told by USL that the processor would be compatible with it... but for some reason the XD-10 would not "play nice" with the USL no matter what he tried.

I was expecting an eventual sales pitch for a new processor, or at the very least a "band aid" solution, so imagine my surprise when USL swapped in a whole new processor at no charge!

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2010 02:28 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too would like to add to the whole USL group a bravo. All queries are dealt with immediately and a solution for any application is available. My two sends the PCA unit I purchased was showing strange readings. USL replaced the unit without second thought and offered outstanding phone support. A bravo to them and this is how all companies should be .
Demetris

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-02-2010 02:32 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I 100% agree. Clint and USL rock! You don't see support like that from companies very often. They set a standard by which all others should be judged. They helped us out really well on a DSTR-20 Dolby Digital reader whose damage was not the fault of the manufacturer.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2010 03:06 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to throw my Kudos in to Clint and USL as well. I worked with a Theater in Corpus Christi Texas that insatlled one of the first DSP60 units back in May to June of 1999. I believe we had unit #18. We had a few issues with it and Clint made himself availble for call to help us resolve our issues. The whole crew at Ultra Stereo gave top notch customer support to us. [Smile]

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2010 06:48 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack & Felicia Cashin, the owners of USL, Inc., wish to express their thanks for all the kind comments in this thread. At USL, customer service has always been a high priority. Thanks again.
Clint

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-02-2010 09:43 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never a bad experience here either with USL. They also have a nice sense of humor and pleasantness about them.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-03-2010 01:02 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Clint Koch
At USL, customer service has always been a high priority.
Just about EVERY company claims this. USL is one of the very few where the claim is very true! It's not just good customer service, it's AMAZING customer service.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2010 04:17 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's Clint? [Confused] Just kidding buddy. I've hung out with Clint while working the trade shows, then hung out in the bars with him after the shows closed [beer] . by the way Clint, I'm down to my last USL t-shirt, it's purple and worn out and I don't wear it in public (hint).

The other people that I know from the Bay Area that deserve respect are Clyde McKinney, Sam Chevez, and Lonnie Jennings.

By the way, if anyone has Lonnies cell #, please ask him to e-mail it to me. We used to talk every weekend about personal problems and I lost my cell phone that had his number on it.

Peavey went out of their way for me. I pre-paid about $4500, got my order, then they sent me an e-mail and a check for $100 to refund the shipping. There was nothing wrong with the shipment, other than I didn't tip the delivery guy because he just left the boxes sitting outside!

I just re-read my post. It was TechSpa out of Fl that sent me the check. I'm not a Peavey dealer, so I had to go through someone else, which brings up another shoutout, Joe Kurta. Peavey has also always been friendly, I've met Hartley and Joe Peavey and some of the workers in their 23 plants in Meridian.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-03-2010 06:09 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto, USL takes extremely good care of their customers. Never a bad experience and likewise, have been given the tech's personal cell phone numbers and direct after-hours support when the call came in during the evening. Support like that is extremely hard to find these days.

Continuing the thread, another company that is excellent to work with is Bay Area Cinema Products. [thumbsup]

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2010 08:33 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam Chavez and his team have always been upfront in service and answers. A [thumbsup] to Sam Chavez as well and BACP. They make probably the best damn readers in the market.
Demetris

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 09-03-2010 09:19 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly everyone mentioned above is as good as it gets!

Other companies (nameless) are not very good on a corporate level. However, within any organization, there is a small group that is as good as Clint & the gang. Avoid the rest of the employees in these other companies. Some of these people eventually quit in disgust. Louis

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-03-2010 10:11 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Demetris Thoupis
[BACP makes] probably the best damn readers in the market.
They definitely do!

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-03-2010 12:29 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely a big shout out to Sam at BACP as well.. yes the readers (analog and digital) are excellent as is his product support..and he is a true gentleman and great to do business with. [thumbsup]

Now if my UC Irvine pics ever get put up in the warehouse, you'll see my solution to mounting a DSTR-20 on Kinotons. [Smile]

A cool thing about the BACP reader is that it is easy to add a switch to the LED to turn it off when idle. (My CP-650 stays powered up 24/7 and we only run 1-2 shows a week.)

quote: Louis Bornwasser
Other companies (nameless) are not very good on a corporate level. However, within any organization, there is a small group that is as good as Clint & the gang. Avoid the rest of the employees in these other companies. Some of these people eventually quit in disgust. Louis
While I agree with that, it is the overall support of the entire company that matters. IMHO you should not have to go to only a select person within a company to get good product support, which is necessary with too many companies. I won't mention any companies here but anyone who reads my posts know who is "in my doghouse" when it comes to customer service. [Wink]

A good company has an outstanding customer support philosophy no matter who you talk to..like USL and BACP!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-03-2010 03:03 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
USL BACP and QSC all have great customer support

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: