Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Alternative uses for Film Guard

Author Topic: Alternative uses for Film Guard
Kyle Butler
Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2010 04:45 AM      Profile for Kyle Butler   Email Kyle Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely, if your on these forums, you know how amazing the stuff is on film. But what else is it good for?
Start listing your alternative uses!

Also, beware that everything posted here is only a suggestion, and obviously not the intended purpose for FG. So please don't hold anywhere here, or myself responsible for whatever shit you get yourself into by trying any of this. :x

Washing your car- Wet the car with soapy water on the soap cycle.
Spay on some FG, and use the foaming brush. You'll have to scrub pretty well to get it all off and not have the exterior of your vehicle smell like it -_-.
But it works excellent.
At one point, i bought some "Magic bar" crap from auto zone that apparently helped pull off twice as much dirt as you nomrally would be able to get off in a normal wash cycle.
It worked, but it still wasn't great. FG took absolutely all of the dirt off my clear coat.
No roughness at all [Big Grin]

Scratched discs- (especially handy in our booth, which for the time being, remains inhabited by teenagers that never heard of placing DTS discs back in their jewel cases)
use a VERY Small drop of FG to coat the entire surface of the disc. When i say very small, i mean VERY VERY VERY small. Pinhead amount. Otherwise your cd/dvd/bluray/sega CD etc player won't be able to read anything!

Also works great to clean up old vinyl records.

Your turn

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-08-2010 08:05 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Similar Thread ...and stop calling me Shirley!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: