Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Questions about CLEAR wireless internet

Author Topic: Questions about CLEAR wireless internet
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-17-2010 12:01 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been using Verizon's wireless internet service for almost two years now but I just heard about a company called CLEAR that has a cheaper, faster and unlimited wireless internet service. I am now paying about $70.00 a month and limited to 5 gb during that period. If I go over that monthly usage allotment the charge is twenty five cents per meg.

CLEAR is offering DL up to 6 Mbps UL up to IMbps and unlimited usage all for $45.00 a month. I like the unlimited part of their service because of the limit I have to adhere with Verizon's service. One of the thing I am restricted with my current server is the inability to transfer movies from digital copies DVDs into my iPod. Just downloading one movie alone with the server I have would use up all or almost all of my allotment for the month.

Has anyone heard about CLEAR, and if you have, is it a trust worthy company? If they are, I would consider using their service because they have a better deal than my current i wireless internet provider.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-17-2010 12:29 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clear started service here about six months or so ago. Two of my former students are working there. Haven't heard much of anything about the company - good or bad, other than their ads.

If/when I get back to work I'll be looking at their service. WIMAX 4G service anywhere in the valley for around $55 a month sounds like something to scope out.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: