Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I Am Engaged!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I Am Engaged!!!
Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2010 01:16 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked my girlfriend Amanda Friday night if she would marry me, and as luck would have it she said "YES!"

We have known each other for about ten years, and been living together for a little over a year. We are both extremely happy! We are going to wait a while to set a date and start making wedding plans as we are not financially able to afford it right now. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-14-2010 01:30 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulation, dumbass! [Devil] [beer]

Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2010 02:14 PM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-14-2010 02:27 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you both!

-

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-14-2010 03:33 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What John said! Congratulations!

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 02-14-2010 03:55 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freddie Mercury said it best -

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone,
and another one gone

...but seriously....

Congratulations are due to you and your betrothed and we all wish you the very best of happiness and sharp focus for the future. [beer] [thumbsup]

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-14-2010 05:01 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
where is the graemlin that has the guy pointing his finger and busting his "gut" laughing?

10-years and counting of bliss for me...hopefully you will be as fortunate.

Steve

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2010 05:49 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Sean. (Snapping on clerical collar) Make sure you settle all issues before you marry (children?, where to live, faith, finances, retirement years). There will be enough rough spots after you're married so remember when they do come turn toward each other not away. You might want to seek some pre-marital counseling to help sort out any potential problems.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-14-2010 06:07 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [thumbsup]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-14-2010 07:02 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Congratulations!
OMG I was going to say the exact same thing!!!!!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 02-14-2010 10:07 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

37 years and continuing and . . . . . she can run all my technical stuff and fly the airplane; I got a good deal! Louis

Elise Brandt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2010 10:56 AM      Profile for Elise Brandt   Email Elise Brandt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, lots of happiness to you both. Lots of will to be happy, that is... will is everything. Nothing comes for free, but if you concentrate on the good things and deliberately forget the bad (and be wise enough to tell the difference between things that are best left forgotten and things that need changing, not sweeping under the rug), happiness is easy. She asks if her butt looks big? "honey, I love your butt. Lemme squeese a bit..." Touch her and admire her, even when you don't aim for sex. Ok? Good.

(if you've been together for ten years this should be all old news to you. I do hope it is, but the more it gets said the better)

Just a bit shy of eight years of marriage, two children and I would not trade a day for anything. Well maybe a day, for a holiday [Big Grin]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2010 03:26 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for all your well wishes and great advice!

We have known each other for over ten years but have only been together officially for about a year. For me it was love at first site. She liked me but always had a hard time dealing with her emotions. For her it was easier to be with someone who she didnt have such strong feelings for so everytime we would get close she would back off and run away. This caused us a lot of turmoil over the years but everytime I stopped talking to her she would eventually search me out and contact me. In November of 2008 we started talking after a year of not seeing each other and that valentines day (2009) SHE asked me if I would be in a relationship with her. She had already been staying with me since December. In October we moved to New York State together. I proposed while we were celebrating out one year anniversary.

We are going to wait until next Valentine's day to set our date. We need the time to save some money so we can afford a wedding.
We want to get married outside near the ocean with a bagpipe player (we are both Irish) so when we set the date in 2011 it will be for Summer 2012.

Over the years we have gotten to discuss our future dreams, hopes, fears, pasts, and values. We feel completely compatible and feel we will have a long and happy life together.

Thank you again everyone for all your wishes!

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2010 04:54 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Sean you ol' romantic Irishman. Keep us posted.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2010 05:11 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: