Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Places that I'll be this month.

Author Topic: Places that I'll be this month.
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-12-2010 03:12 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Friday 26th of February, two weeks today, I'll be catching the 16:54 train from the LIRR Long Island City station. This is one of just five departures from the station, weekdays only, and the only one which will, hopefully, run via the line which avoids Hunterspoint Avenue. This is the only regular passenger train on this line.

I'll only be going as far as Jamaica, from where I'll take the train back to Penn Station, walk to 33rd Street, and then take PATH back to Journal Square, and the 20:00 screening at the Loews Jersey. Hopefully I'll also be at the other two screenings that weekend. I'm not sure what I'll be doing on Sunday, and on Monday morning I'll be flying back to London.

I'll also be at a few screenings at the Widescreen Weekend at Bradford next month, I'm not sure which yet. If you're at any of these places come and say 'hello'.

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2010 04:35 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be sure to alert the media.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-13-2010 04:49 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dennis, I seldom get the pleasure to actually meet people from these forums. I've only ever met a handful of them, but the two places that I'm going in the next few weeks, are the places where I've met most of those, and they are places where people from here are likely to go. If anybody from here is also going to be in those places at the same time, I'd like to meet them; that was all I meant.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2010 03:32 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just joking around. I know you are coming all the way over from across the pond. When I made that post, I was just in one of my moods...

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-16-2010 06:44 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yet, you miss the AFI/Siver in Silver Spring, MD.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 02-17-2010 01:09 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to have gone there, but I just can't make it; I'm only going to be there three days. I've got to get to see some people in New York while I'm there.

I was hoping to get a couple more days, but with staff training days, various things going on, and other people being off, these were the only days I could get off work.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: