Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Amazing Drive In Pictures!

Author Topic: Amazing Drive In Pictures!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-18-2010 09:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an article on the New York Times about Drive Ins and the photographer that has spent decades traveling around photographing them. The photos are all done in ultra large format 8X10 or larger 12X20. They are absolutely stunning and I'd love to see them in person!

I can't post the article here because of the way it is formatted (a blog) but I will post the link to it as well as two links to the photographers web site that contain more drive in photos.

Enjoy!......

Showcase: Dark Screens, Bright Memories

Carl Weese: Drive In Photos Gallery 1

Carl Weese Drive In Photos Gallery 2

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-18-2010 10:12 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful drive in pictures! Louis

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-18-2010 10:48 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet. [thumbsup]

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-18-2010 11:16 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haunting, but very nice. [Cool]

Robert Koch
Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2010 01:21 PM      Profile for Robert Koch   Email Robert Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man these are great and do they bring back the memories.

Tony Gallimore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2010 07:30 PM      Profile for Tony Gallimore   Email Tony Gallimore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a walk down memory lane, Mark! Thanks for sharing!

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-23-2010 12:35 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Spud Dr-In" in Driggs, Idaho is still open and a landmark drive-in in that area.

Small yard for only 200 cars, but the snakbar food is great.

And we have two Drive-In's in this area that are still open: the Terrace Dr-In in Caldwell and the Parma Motor Vu in Parma .. in which I service both of these locations...

At one time, here in the Boise area, was the "Broadway Dr-in", the "Midway Dr-in", the "Fairview Dr-in" and in Meridian, Id, the "Meridian Dr-In".

In the Nampa area was the "Nampa Dr-In" and the "Kings Corner Dr-In"

Twin Falls, Idaho has their two drive-ins "The Motor-Vu" and the "GrangeView" Drive-ins.

Eastern Idaho has the two in Idaho Falls being the "Motor Vue" and the "Sky Vue" drive-in. I worked at the "Motor Vue" for one season as an assistant mgr/projectionist.

Pocatello, Idaho had two drive-ins being the "Sunset Dr-In" and the "Starlite Dr-In (I worked at the Starlite as a relief operator for the IA in the late 70's before the drive in came down for the mall now located there on that location..)

Up north, in Rexburg, the "Teton-Vu" is located at the outskirts of this town .. where I started at in the crazy occupation ...

-Monte

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 01-23-2010 10:22 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
Twin Falls, Idaho has their two drive-ins "The Motor-Vu" and the "GrangeView" Drive-ins.
Grand Vu, actually.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-23-2010 12:46 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoops... thx, meant Grand Vu ....thx

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-23-2010 08:51 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carl's added more...

More drive-in photos.

[thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: