Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The "New" Boxiffice Magazine

Author Topic: The "New" Boxiffice Magazine
Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2010 04:42 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been reading Boxoffice Magazine since the mid-forties. I have seen the changes in recent years and I think it is headed in the right direction. I miss the “Modern Theatre” section and would like to see more articles on new equipment and fewer on personalities (Who cares what director John Doe or actress Jane Doe thinks about anything?). While the articles on independent theatres are increasing I’d like to see articles on mom and pop operations out in the boonies. In this month’s anniversary issue Nato President John Fithian talks about the increase in boxoffice receipts but doesn’t express an opinion on the why. IMO the “theatre experience” is the why. Those operations where presentation quality and floor staff courtesy is stressed are the ones that are primarily responsible for driving up revenue. I’d like to say it’s because the industry is pumping out a lot of good stories but my mom taught me never to lie. Still, maybe there’s hope. What do you think?

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-17-2010 10:00 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should've posted this in the BoxOffice magazine thread.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: