Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Spiderman 4 dead in the water

Author Topic: Spiderman 4 dead in the water
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-11-2010 06:40 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The director and cast, Sam Raimi, Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are out of work now. Sony confirmed plans to reboot the franchise for the summer of 2012 with a new story & cast focusing on a teenage Peter Parker.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-11-2010 07:53 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should give it a long rest before a reboot. I feel that most people are a bit tired of Spider Man.

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2010 07:54 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why the need for a reboot on this franchise? I can see the attraction in getting lower-paid talent in for Sony, but the three films did great business and the fourth looked to do the same.

I hear the same thing is happening for Fantastic Four, felt that the cast were good and suited to their roles in that but had nothing to work with especially the second film which was PG-rated and had terrible special effects.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 01-11-2010 08:12 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-11-2010 10:45 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really really hate to even suggest this. But I smell sales people scum in Hollywood trying to float "unscripted" movies to the general public.

Comment heard in a haze of bong smoke in the San Fernando Valley: "what if we made the next Spiderman movie a reality show where the winner gets to play Spiderman? We'll like get all kinds of ad placements in there for Apple, Dell, Honda, BMW and all the other cool companies that will get us paid and laid! And we won't have to pay the actors!!!"

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-11-2010 11:06 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Why the need for a reboot on this franchise? I can see the attraction in getting lower-paid talent in for Sony
Those two probably go hand in hand. The suits looked at the salaries the "name" actors are demanding, then looked at the $ being made these days on franchise reboots with no-name actors, and then noticed the grosses of "Avatar" which mostly features no-name actors, and went "Hey...."

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-12-2010 12:42 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, sometimes "name" actors distract me. There are some famous actors and actresses that totally dissolve into their role and I can accept them as the characters they play, but certain other movies I can't help but thinking, "Oh hey I'm watching Brad Pitt" instead of "I am watching such-and-such a character" that is being played by Pitt. Clooney is another offender. I never actually learn his character's name, it's always just George Clooney.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2010 12:59 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say what you will but a reboot of this franchise is the best thing that could of happened. The first Spider-Man was good, but they got worse as they went on. The third one was almost un watchable. Sure they made lots of money. Getting a director in that likes the material and cares about it like they did with Iron Man will be great for the franchise as a whole. I think it could work and we could see some good villians in it instead of the Vulture.

I mean come on, Raimi has been teasing Dr. Curt Conners/The Lizard for three freaking movies and he wasn't going to use him in the third film.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 01-12-2010 01:01 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly why I LOVE foreign movies. I don't know who the hell any of the actors are and I don't have the double task of suspending disbelief in that I am watching flickering images on a screen and not real life and then on top of that have to suspend disbelief that it's not really Jack Nickolson on that screen. Sometimes it takes a lot of mental energy to just keep the cloaking device functioning.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: