Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » CAPTAIN EO to return to Disneyland

Author Topic: CAPTAIN EO to return to Disneyland
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-20-2009 12:46 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CAPTAIN EO the short film starring Michael Jackson will return to Disneyland in February for a limited engagement. The movie is a state of the art 3-D film and runs approximately 28 minutes and as I recall it is dual projection 70mm and in scope. I saw the film and loved it very much and thought the 3-D was awesome. If you really want to see experience good 3-D, this is the film to see.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-20-2009 12:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this in Disney World when it was fairly new, back in the '80s. The 3-D is OK and the special efx built into the theatre are cool, but I remember thinking the story was not so great -- typical Michael Jackson-with-a-monkey-on-his-shoulder 1980s 'we can save the universe' silliness. I didn't think it was worthy of Disney. (Since he's now dead, it'll probably be hailed as great art.)

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-21-2009 01:01 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"We're going in!"

[Roll Eyes]

Danny Yancey
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2009 08:34 PM      Profile for Danny Yancey   Email Danny Yancey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked on the installation and maintained the capt eo show at Epcot which ran in Imagination pavilion. I ran on two Pro 70s at 30 frs with 7k lamps in Strong lamphouses, shown on a silver screen.The prints used the full frame to the rails as we didn't use sound tracks on any of our film. There was a lot of inconsistincese in the movie that we saw as we had to watch test shows every morning.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: