Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Stop TV Popups

Author Topic: Stop TV Popups
Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2009 12:10 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
A website devoted to the extinction of this plague:

Stop TV Popups

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-17-2009 12:32 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand obtrusive TV ad pop ups, which is pretty much why I avoid watching channels like TBS, TNT, etc. unless I have to. I also hate crappy looking web sites. Stop TV Pop Ups' website looks pretty crappy. Center-justified paragraph text ads a nice amateur-hour looking touch.
[Razz]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-17-2009 01:23 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Course why of the popups is to deter from any sales when copying the programs from a TV source...same with the watermarks in the corner.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-17-2009 01:24 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not being able to tell the difference between there, their, and they're is always a nice touch too. [Smile]

I also can't stand pop-ups on TV. It's quite possibly one of the worst ideas in the history of television.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-17-2009 01:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also hate them, but I fear they're here to stay.

Agreed that website is terrible-looking. Why Do Some People Feel The Need To Capitalize Every Freaking Word? Not only is it hard to read, it's a pain in the butt to type!

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-17-2009 02:33 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The solution is easy. Just stop watching TV. [Big Grin]

Tom Mundell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2009 02:51 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why Do Some People Feel The Need To Capitalize Every Freaking Word? Not only is it hard to read, it's a pain in the butt to type!
Even worse, they didn't type it in this way but used css text-transform to display as such!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2009 03:00 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE reason why I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade to HD. The only reason I even have a digital tuner right now is because my DVD recorder(used for transferring old tapes and junk) has one built in. It's nice to flip through the channels on my TV tuner and get no signal, except for a few low-power stations- the strongest one has the Home Shopping Network all the time. [Smile]

But I'm glad that this website LETS them try to stop T.V. pop up ads.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-17-2009 05:33 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The website looks like it was built with Netscape Navigator's "Composer" feature.

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 11-17-2009 05:47 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesse.

Oh my God man, you have a Joe Redifer popup on your member photo. This must be exorcised in the name of family values and cheap laughs.

Damn, that scourge is everywhere!

To the guillotine with you both.... Chop chop.

Alex Edwards
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2009 06:20 PM      Profile for Alex Edwards   Email Alex Edwards       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of websites: there are some advertisements now on websites that when I pull up the page, an ad flashes accross the screen. I have to desperately find the little "X" they have hidden in some corner to make it go away. They already purchased their own ad space on the page, do they have to take up my screen with their company's logo???

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: