Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Chickenman

Author Topic: Chickenman
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 10-13-2009 06:34 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody remember Chickenman?

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-13-2009 06:44 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's everywhere! He's everywhere!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-13-2009 07:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Episodes still turn up on the XM family comedy channel (#151) Unless they were taken off when Sirius ruined it.

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2009 07:37 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first sixty or so original episodes are available on iTunes. Just do a search.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2009 08:05 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chickenman on the Wikipedia

Actually, my favorite super-hero poultry was Super Chicken.

You can hear his stirring theme song here.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 10-14-2009 07:04 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the entire package, as well as "The Tooth Fairy" and Bill Drake's "History of Rock and Roll".

... all good stuff!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-14-2009 10:28 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How Chickenman came to be...CHICKENMAN!!!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-17-2009 10:12 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick Biondi LIVES! (Thunderball music cues!) Louis

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2009 02:38 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Unless they were taken off when Sirius ruined it.
How did they "ruin it" in your opinion?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-17-2009 05:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They added too much stuff that isn't all that funny, especially the "Raw Dog" channel (150). I like me some good filth as much as anyone, but some of the stuff on there is SO filthy as not to even be funny anymore, and in the evening there is now some kind of "talk show" that isn't even trying to be funny (or hasn't been yet, when I've heard it).

On the 151 channel there's not enough good stand-up, too much "comedy music" like Adam Sandler, Weird Al, etc. for my taste.

I'm also sick of the black and Mexican comedians constantly bashing white people. Hey, if we can't do it to them, they shouldn't be doing it to us.

I'm not sure if that even describes the "problem" with those channels fully, but I'm a huge fan of good comedy, and pre-Sirius merger I could listen to 150 or 151 continuously while doing booth work and love it, whereas now I find myself constantly switching back and forth because something is irritating or just too stupid, and finally I give up and go to either the Schnitt Show (152) or one of the news channels.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: