Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Regifting Robin - How is this done?

Author Topic: Regifting Robin - How is this done?
Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 07-30-2009 02:45 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, we have some real geniuses here (I no dis bekoz I are 1 som off de teim), so tell me, how does this work and work every time?

Regifting Robin

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-30-2009 02:58 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Jim, when I 1st read your post/link, I thought it would be an ad for Extenze or a similar product for the benefit of Batman's bud... YIKES! [Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-30-2009 03:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It works because there are only certain possibilities for an answer, and each and every one of those possibilities will have the same "gift". Try 3 or 4 sets of numbers, coming up with 3 or 4 different answers. Notice that they all have the same gift on the grid. It's simple math.

Robert Minichino
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2009 03:32 PM      Profile for Robert Minichino   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Minichino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Break the two digit number down into its digits, y and x for tens and ones place respectively. The number combined is 10y+x. That means the result is 10y+x - y - x = 9y, which means the answer will always be a multiple of 9 from 9 to 81 (y ranges from 1-9).

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-30-2009 05:07 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EXPLAIN THIS WITCHCRAFT.

No maths. Maths is just a theory. Besides, even if the answer is a multiple of 9 from 9-81, there is still only a 1 in 9 chance that shell be correct. I did this 4 times, she was right each time!

Maths? No. BURN THE WITCH!

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-30-2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah OK. They are moving the multiples of 9 each time to seem more real. In other words, the first time you play, potpourri might occupy all of the multiples of 9. The second time, Coffee Mug occupies all the multiples of 9. This way they create the illusion of randomness.

Nevertheless, maths is still only a theory. And Robin is still a witch.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-30-2009 07:36 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We shall use my largest scales.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-31-2009 09:50 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a fair cop!

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2009 03:52 AM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood..."

"And therefore?"

"...She's a witch!"

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 08-03-2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burn her!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: