Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Room - Worst Movie Ever?

Author Topic: The Room - Worst Movie Ever?
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2009 06:31 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ABC News this evening reported on a 2003 film called THE ROOM that is attracting huge crowds in once-a-month midnight showings. The audiences react much as they do to ROCKY HORROR with loud comments and throwing things at the screen.

Has anyone ever heard of this thing or know anything about it?

THE ROOM at Wikipedia

THE ROOM at IMDB

|  IP: Logged

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2009 06:45 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty incredible... it's one of those movies you have to watch with a crowd who gets it.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 07-27-2009 07:04 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, what ever happened to THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW? Up until about fifteen years ago, there used to be midnight showings here in Hawaii in one or two theatres. When the now defunct Royal Theatre in Waikiki had it, the show was abruptly stopped and everybody was asked to leave with a full refund because an idiot tossed an egg at the screen and damaged it. A good friend was the manager and he made a decision to kick everybody out before they caused more damage. I have the movie on DVD and it was fun to watch..

-Claude

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2009 07:33 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it may be gone in HAwaii, but it's being shown across the US regularly. The Phoenix show is in limbo because the theater closed down.

Frank Bruno
Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2009 07:53 PM      Profile for Frank Bruno   Email Frank Bruno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe this Tommy Wiseau guy is for real; if so, I may need to sit through Room; I didn't think it was real.

I first saw him in his Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job! appearance and he fit right in with the, ummm, tone of the show.

Tommy Wiseau's Pig Man

If you haven't seen the show before, it can definitely be an "acquired taste." I'm still not sure if Wiseau seriously thinks he's an artist or this is some kind of postmodern meta comedy or performance art.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-27-2009 11:53 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They used the funky 70's looking font "Revue" (from ITC/Letraset) on the poster. That alone tells me the movie must be pretty bad.

The Room would have raked in both the money and critical acclaim if they used Trajan instead.
[Razz]

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-27-2009 11:59 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right. Look at 'Titanic'. [Razz]

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2009 10:52 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Bruno
I first saw him in his Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job! appearance
Didn't they show this on Adult Swim a while back? If it's what I think it was, it was a giant pile of [bs] . Wow it was bad.

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2009 09:53 PM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Room is awesomely bad. It was featured ABC World News Tonight last night.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: