Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Another Celebrity Death: The Taco Bell Dog Dies (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Another Celebrity Death: The Taco Bell Dog Dies
Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2009 04:08 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Gidget", the 'Taco Bell' dog, has died-
KABC News Link

We say goodbye to a pop culture icon today: Gidget,
better known as Taco Bell's talking Chihuahua, has
died at the age of 15.

The original mascot for the Taco Bell ad campaigns
died from a stroke on Tuesday night.

The dog continued to work throughout much of her life,
but had been mostly retired and was living out her days
lying in the sun.

Her trainer said, "When Gidget's on a set, she comes
alive. Otherwise, she was happy to sleep for 23 hours
and 45 minutes a day."

quote:
"When Gidget's on a set, she comes
alive.

Now, that would be something to see!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2009 04:19 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing the hatred that filled the MJ thread will not be in this thread.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-22-2009 04:45 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard Gidget liked ... chicken.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-22-2009 05:01 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
I'm guessing the hatred that filled the MJ thread will not be in this thread.
Don't bet on it.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-22-2009 05:40 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a very joyous day!! I hated that dog. I hate most small dogs, especially chihuahuas. They are soooo annoying and ugly as all sin. And most of them just sit there and tremble. They deserve death. Paris Hilton only carried one around with her to make her look a bit better by comparison. YAY!!!

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 07-22-2009 06:20 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were her arteries clogged with Viva Gorditas?

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2009 06:50 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Sam Graham
Were her arteries clogged with Viva Gorditas?
Around 2000-2001, there used to be a website you could go
to and "kill the taco bell dog" by dragging various Taco
Bell menu items into its' mouth. With each item, the dog
got fatter and fatter until it finally exploded all over
your computer screen.

It was very funny, in a Bugs Bunny-ish 'cartoon violence'
sort of way.

I always found the TB dog slightly annoying, and this
website was a good way to 'vent'.

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2009 11:55 PM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd bet that without these awful commercials, we wouldn't have been graced with such movies as Beverly Hills Chihuahua. That would've been a loss, because the first trailer for that movie was the single worst mixed piece of film I ever saw. The first time I heard it play, I ripped it from the print and threw it in the trash. It was so loud, I would've had to run the processor at 5 to be tolerable, versus the 6.8 I normally ran in that auditorium.

So, basically, good riddance to a stupid dog. I'm more of a cat person anyways.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2009 12:30 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And.... we're off, thanks to Redifer!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-23-2009 04:35 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't find the Taco Bell dog that annoying.

BUTT! I would shoot on sight that fucking annoying dog in the Bush's Baked Beans commercials and that POS GEICO Insurance goddamn LIZARD POS Gecko...I hope all involved rot in hell!

Yours in Christ,

>>> Phil

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-23-2009 04:54 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,

"Fancy a crisp?"

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2009 06:55 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you tell if a dog dies of a stroke without doing an autopsy?

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$10,000 cash money for the head of the AFLAC duck. Reply to Box 163, Little Falls, NJ.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-23-2009 07:27 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go.

-

You can wire me the money.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2009 06:34 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
I'd bet that without these awful commercials, we wouldn't have been graced with such movies as Beverly Hills Chihuahua. That would've been a loss, because the first trailer for that movie was the single worst mixed piece of film I ever saw.
Good point! The sound mix of that trailer is definitely attributable to Gidget the dog! [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: