Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » It comes in fives? Jeff Goldblum died ... maybe

Author Topic: It comes in fives? Jeff Goldblum died ... maybe
Julio Roberto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2009 01:20 PM      Profile for Julio Roberto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Australian TV Channel 9 Good Morning program, it seems he fell off a cliff to his death at age 56 while filming a movie in New Zealand.

Or not.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/220019/june-29-2009/jeff-goldblum-will-be-missed

|  IP: Logged

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2009 02:19 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff Goldblum has denied being dead. His career, maybe.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-05-2009 02:44 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cobert Report did a pretty good show with Jeff and the bogus NZ report...pretty timely too since Jeff had been making cameos on the show to promote his new involvement with Law and Order.

Steve

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 07-05-2009 04:07 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now we stand at 7 celebrity deaths in the last month. If the rule of threes is going to stand, there are two more coming in the near future.

David Carradine
Ed McMahon
Farrah Fawcett
Michael Jackson
Karl Malden
Billy Mays
Steve McNair

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 07-06-2009 12:05 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin you must have not gotten the memo.

Harve Prenell (Film & Broadway)
Fred Travalena (TV & Vegas)

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-06-2009 01:29 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
News today of Robert McNamara, JFK's Defense Secretary, passing away at the age of 93.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-06-2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Monte: Good riddance to a fucking asshole!

I served in Vietnam 1967 - 1970 when that asshole was head-cheese.

I lost several friends in combat because of his FUCKING STUPIT "Standing Orders"!!!!

He was responsible for umpteen deaths of brave young guys cuz of his mis-management of the Vietnam War.

I hope that POS SOB ***ROTS*** In HELL

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-06-2009 06:04 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh Phil, you forgot to close with "Yours in Christ". [Wink]

Well perhaps the glass wasn't completely empty (lifted from wikipedia):

quote:
World Bank

McNamara served as head of the World Bank from April 1968 to June 1981, when he turned 65. In his thirteen years at the Bank, he introduced key changes, most notably from shifting the Bank's focus towards targeted poverty reduction. He negotiated, with the conflicting countries represented on the Board, a spectacular growth in funds to channel credits for development, in the form of health, food, and education projects. He also instituted new methods of evaluating the effectiveness of funded projects. One notable project started during McNamara's tenure was the effort to prevent river blindness. The World Bank currently has a scholarship program under his name.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-06-2009 06:07 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Stambaugh
Gosh Phil, you forgot to close with "Yours in Christ".

[beer] [thumbsup]

OBTW: IS his so-called banking do-goods supposed to compensate for all the soldiers' deaths cuz of his mismanagement? I don't think so!

Yours in Christ... just for David. [Smile]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-07-2009 12:47 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fully understand, Phil - why I went to college to get my 2-S deferment since my draft number was low enough to be almost picked if I remained as a 1-A.

Yours in Christ as well ... - Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: