Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dom DeLuise has Passed Away at 75

Author Topic: Dom DeLuise has Passed Away at 75
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-05-2009 12:49 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actor Dom DeLuise died Monday night after a long illness in Los Angeles.

• Blazing Saddles
    Silent Movie
    World's Greatest Lover
    The End
    The Cheap Detective
    Hot Stuff
    Smokey and the Bandit 2
    Cannonball Run 1 & 2
    Spaceballs
    The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
RIP
Thanks for the Laughs

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-05-2009 01:26 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, no that is very sad news!!

I had the honor of meeting Dom when he came to my theatre in Los Angeles to see a short film his son was starring in. I had already started the film (it was about 17 mins. long and on the platter as the gay setup in my theatre had NO reel spindles) and the manager requested me to stop it and rethread and wait to restart. A few minutes later, I was called downstairs and Dom was there, apologizing for disrupting our schedule and thanking both of us for accommodating him.

After the short was over I heard Dom calling me from the stairs. I went down to talk to him and he thanked me again and gave me a very nice tip. I tried to decline it (my policy has always been to not accept tips) but he insisted. I used the tip to buy the staff some really great food for dinner that night. [Smile]

He was a very classy man, a fine actor and will be missed. RIP.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-05-2009 05:20 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOT IN THE FACE!

Thanks for some good laughs, Dom. [thumbsup]

Dom and Dean

The French Mistake

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-05-2009 05:29 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed his screen and TV humor for many years... sad that he's gone.

RIP Dom.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 05-05-2009 06:05 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How sad. We were just watching Cannon Ball Run not too long ago.

[Frown]

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 05-05-2009 06:18 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At age 75.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2009 08:03 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannonball Run Outtakes

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2009 09:31 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
will always remember him in Silent Movie, the very first show I ran at the drive in , still remember having the monitor up full stressing about the lack of sound. not thinking that this Brooks show was really silent.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: