Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Relocating to Ft. Worth, TX (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Relocating to Ft. Worth, TX
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2009 03:03 AM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All

Good to be back.

I finally graduated with Honors from Arizona State University this past May and have accepted an excellent position as a Manufacturing Engineer in the aerospace industry. My position requirs me to relocate to the Ft. Worth area, which will be happening next month.

I know that several F-T members reside in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, and I look forward to finally meeting some of you.

Cheers

Kutler

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 04-26-2009 02:24 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case we didn't say anything previously: Don't say we didn't warn you about Ft. Worth! The best thing is the economical and frequent flights OUT. (Just kidding!) Louis

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-26-2009 03:22 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some parts of Fort Worth are pretty rough. However, there's lots of good neighborhoods in the Fort Worth suburbs. One of my cousins is an airline mechanic for American Airlines. He lives in Keller, just north of Ft. Worth.

Overall, Dallas-Fort Worth is just freaking huge. I kind of think of the metroplex as a land-locked version of Los Angeles without any ocean or mountains. Sure, there isn't nearly as many people (just over 6 million people). But it sure is spread out across a very wide area. Even late at night with little traffic it takes me more than an hour of driving to cross it from east to west.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-26-2009 07:53 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Billy Bob's Texas Grill still going in FW? (It's a name like that anyway if not exact.)

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-26-2009 10:54 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Linky Linky

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-26-2009 11:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, what's more scary?

A. Will Kutler moving to Fort Worth

B. "The World's Largest Honky Tonk"

[Eek!]

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2009 08:13 AM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always enjoyed my trips to Dallas/Fort Worth. The parts I saw were clean. The only thing I didn't like was the heat. If you are from Tucson that won't be a problem for you though. I'm from Ohio so my skin isn't used to 150 degree heat. [Razz]

I would much rather go to Dallas/Fort Worth than Houston any day.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-27-2009 08:37 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be sure to warn everybody I know in Ft. Worth! I mean about the Honkey Tonk!

Have a safe move!

Mark

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2009 09:59 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Texas Will. There is lot's to do and see in this huge State. [beer]

[ 04-27-2009, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: William T. Parr ]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-27-2009 12:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you Texans will still be friends with us stateside Film-Techers once you have seceded from the union! [Big Grin]

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2009 01:09 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope you Texans will still be friends with us stateside Film-Techers once you have seceded from the union!
Just remeber that was the same person who told a reporter Adios Mofo at the end of an interview. Some times I get the feeling he doesn't think before he speaks and makes himself out to be a bafoon in the end. [Cool]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 04-27-2009 01:21 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will, you are going to Ft. Worth on purpose? [Big Grin]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-27-2009 02:44 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: William T. Parr
Some times I get the feeling he doesn't think before he speaks and makes himself out to be a bafoon in the end.
We have to remember this is the same fellow who loves putting up toll booths on new highways whose construction was paid for with gasoline tax dollars. And some company based in Spain gets to pocket the tolls. Hooray!

They need to do things the old fashioned way like we do here in Oklahoma: build 450+ miles of toll roads and then allow most of the toll revenue to disappear in the bottomless void known as our public education system! Ghost employee jobs for everyone!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-27-2009 04:07 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: William T. Parr
There is lost to do and see in this huge State.
Was that intentional?

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2009 04:58 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, can I plead the fifth? Ok No it was a typing error on my behalf, but spell checker did not catch that either. Oh well Post has been edited. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: